Virus in my game, I don't use free models, I work by myself and I have no plugins

I just clicked uninstall on all the plugins.

2 Likes

Just remove every plugin and restart studio

1 Like

They should still be uninstalled as some of them can bypass this

2 Likes

Iā€™ve written an in-depth guide on this, check it out:

Itā€™s long, but it works.

3 Likes

I already clicked remove on all my plugins. Even the legitimate ones.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t a virus, just regular (and potentially even harmful) code obfuscated in a very ugly way.

If you arenā€™t using free models, Team-Create or plugins at all then this just seems very interesting, a good idea would be to just copy exactly every script and item you need to a blank file and see if the issue happens there.

4 Likes

I already did that. (30 chars)

2 Likes

I never said that you hadnā€™t, but thatā€™s not the entire article and thereā€™s no way you couldā€™ve read the whole thing already. Try working through it and see if it can help you out.

3 Likes

Can you try to see if this happens on a different computer on a new install of studio?

2 Likes

I have tried to reinstall it 3 times and I do not have access to another computer.

2 Likes

Delete everyfile on the roblox directory and appdata directory

4 Likes

Already did that a couple hours ago.

2 Likes

Ok, so I have done everything in that post, show hidden services and everything. Still nothing :confused:

3 Likes

Is it a team create place? If so, others could be the cause.

Nvm, my apologies. If itā€™s occurring randomly during your Studio session, the only possible cause would be a plugin. Iā€™m aware that youā€™ve stated that you arenā€™t using any, but itā€™s the only possible situation.

2 Likes

I said in the initial post, it is a local file without team create.

2 Likes

It looks like you do have a few plugins:

How did you come to the idea that you have none? Did you check %localappdata%\Roblox\YourUserId\InstalledPlugins yet?

6 Likes

That is bad advice, Iā€™ll just suggest deleting anything you donā€™t need from your Plugins folder through your computer and reinstall Studio.

If that doesnā€™t fix it wait for other solutions perhaps.

3 Likes

I do have a few plugins I installed a lot of years ago, but none of them are enabled or even installed. They are owned.

2 Likes

How old is the file? Is it a current project, or something you made a long time ago and opened recently?
If youā€™re telling the truth about the plugins, then it had to have come from the toolbox. There is really no other place it could have come from.

2 Likes

This project was started ~a week ago.

I did not get anything from the toolbox, I swear on my life.

2 Likes