VR Camera and Comfort Updates (UPDATE)

This is awesome to see! I really like the UX of the sliding scale here in particular, and I’m also fond of the changes to reframe the character since I’ve run into this one a lot myself. It basically killed my 3P usage before, maybe now I’ve got to try again…

I’m happy to see continued work in this area to get more people to the right level of comfort to enjoy VR stuff more optimally :slight_smile:

40 Likes

Will we have support for the PSVR2/PSVR1

34 Likes

natural disaster survival is the new meta

42 Likes

Nice QoL updates! Makes VR much more enjoyable.

23 Likes

Still wish we had good default first person VR without devs having to implement it themselves but this looks like a good improvement to the third person VR.

27 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This right here. I don’t mean to get off topic, but this is why we need regular Roblox advanced graphics settings. Roblox is doing it everywhere else but the graphics slider. Notice how Roblox cares more for the very few players who can afford VR, and their motion sickness, than the average playerbase on a year two thousand who-knows-what mobile device trying to get a stable framerate inside a ~50x~50 viewable area.

If you want more info, go here:

Also, I totally love this update as a whole, even though I don’t have a VR xD

29 Likes

Thats so cool! I wonder if it will work/be available on PSVR1/PSVR2.

25 Likes

These changes were desperately needed. One thing that always annoyed me about Roblox VR was that my camera settings were never serialised upon joining a new server. Has this finally been fixed? I always hated having to disable the vignette and enable smooth turning every time I joined a Roblox game in VR. Other than that, these settings look a lot more usable and will make the joining process quite a bit faster.

20 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, we’re working on it!

17 Likes

Your own VR settings will carry over to every game that is using the default playerscripts OR the latest VR scripts merged in to custom playerscripts. If the game has older custom scripts, this won’t work (which is why we encourage all devs with custom scripts to merge the latest!).

28 Likes

Slowly and surely, Roblox is becoming a great source of VR games! Now if only Roblox made their own immersive VR client. That would streamline the creation of VR titles and allow developers to build off one central and uniform client that allows the player to experience the game from their character!

20 Likes

Wow muy espectacular esto!! Grandeee

18 Likes

Love the new drift camera, makes all of our games feel way better on VR, still looking for performance to be better though as its very weak right now…

20 Likes

Heck yes, that’s awesome!

Are you guys gonna be working on a 3 point upper body system so our hands and head are tracked? Will be able to see our bodies??

Man, the opportunities are endless!

16 Likes

This is pretty nice! I’m excited to try this out.

14 Likes

Nice update for VR, thanks, will it be possible to work individually with parameters for rendering and camera parameters for VR headsets ?

5 Likes

Hey there! Just wondering what type of VR will run roblox. I’m assuming the Meta Quest?

4 Likes

This broke a massive part of my game - whoops! Don’t worry it’s all fixed now.

It did break all of studio and I had to re-install it, but at this point that’s pretty common.

4 Likes

Please see the updated note about Nexus VR in the main post. Thanks.

4 Likes

I like the new comfort mode for VR users.

You mostly saved my life by figuring out how I could find a solution, but this update definitely saved my time and allowed me to take a breather. This primarily makes VR players feel at ease and improves their experience with the game.

2 Likes