As a Roblox developer, it is currently very difficult to both edit developer volumes, such as invisible parts, and actual maps. The pink volumes are parts, assets, et cetera that are used to mark things in my game.
Basically, these volumes have the following issues:
- When I’m placing other parts with the dragger, the dragger runs into them
- Locking them prevents them from being moved, but sometimes I need to move them. Also, I still can’t drag things underneath them
- Sometimes I want Roblox to treat these as invisible and non-existent so I can edit geometry
- Other times, I want to use Roblox’s normal build tools to position/move them
Desire: Some way to have these exist, and not exist, depending on what “layer” of the geometry is on. For example, some of these volumes are more important than others.
Also, sometimes actual world geometry gets in the way.
- Edit volumes should be moved with regular tools. However, when editing the game, sometimes I don’t want to see these, and just want to build
- Volumes tend to be hidden from users, but may be invisible walls, or other things that get in the way
- Volumes may end up in either workspace, or server storage, sort of depends on the game
- Volumes may be parts, roblox parts, et ceter.a
The current workaround is to have a plugin to moves these from workspace to server storage and back. However, this feels kind of bad, and I don’t have a good plugin installed! (Anyone got any recommendations?)
Also, if we do this
As I was typing this up, I realized a good solution.
I really want some sort of layer system like photoshop has. Something where I can layer geometry, other items, and details, and then edit things as a whole.
Would let me block out content, and then edit details.
Side note: Can someone make a plugin to do this, using collection service? Needs to be able to put everything back when I press play.