We’re updating Heads!

No offense to the developers, but these look pretty bad and are really crummy compared to regular faces. They look really unnatural and don’t really much resemble the faces they originate from, not to mention that they would conflict with avatars designed to set a mood, like mine.

I think this update was more or less pushed by a board exec’s desire to be technically impressive rather than practical, as proven by the fact that the UGC catalog is flooded with custom 2D faces, even though Dynamic Faces are technically already available. Not to mention, Roblox still hasn’t even enabled the ability for UGC creators to make their own 2D faces to avoid the accessory catalog from being flooded.

I would not be quite as averse to this update were it not for the fact that Roblox has started putting legacy Classic Faces off-sale to try and push users into using the dynamic ones instead. I’m all for new features as long as they aren’t erasing history, and while those faces can still be accessed by those who bought them, retroactively putting them off-sale is not okay with me. Those faces should still be available for purchase by anyone who wants to use them, they have been around for years, and I’m sure many future users would rather have an alternative that doesn’t look slightly off, nor forcibly emotes when using an animation.

I would happily welcome this update, despite my personal dislike for it, if this was not the case. However, that is the case, and that definitely makes me doubt that this update was made with any sort of preservation in mind.

I would strongly advise the people responsible for this update to reconsider their approach of removing the classic, 2D versions of the faces that are being updated.

7 Likes

I Believe just in the past hour roblox has updated the defualt avatars to be NO longer bacon hairs and are now replaced with random rthro or dynamic head characters, ive seen everyone in outrage over this.

Why are you changing and forcing these on new roblox players now ?, Your Ruining the platform with these awfully made ugly heads that dont match any accessorys whats so ever. There overpriced rubbish with poor choice and have creepy odd designs. Your ruining classic faces and classic default avatars just so your little metaverse show can go on ?!, with all this immersive experience stuff it still shows you want to be a metaverse so honestly I’m sure the departments are disfunct if one says different than the other.

Its such an awful move and I’m so disappointed at how roblox has managed this, putting out a devforum post and releasing these awful features suddenly with no input from any developers or creators or even the general community. Its a shame that roblox has continued to decline and replace these default treasures which they said THEY WOULDNT Do but well roblox lied to us again for the millionth time this year.

Its getting beyond a joke now and roblox really need to rethink who runs this platform, i would be concerned by now as its beyond me. How are they getting away with this, its downright awful.

4 Likes

They have recently started changing default avatars from bacon hairs to rthro characters with dynamic heads or new characters with dynamic heads.

Its all dynamic heads, and roblox has been doing awful marketing stunts to get it out to the public

Remember the stevie standard thing where all the old profiles had the face added to there profiles ?
People claimed that was a glitch but it probably wasnt, it was roblox putting the dynamic heads there to make people think more people actually use them, they think were stupid or something.

4 Likes

The “Stevie standard infection” wasn’t a glitch it was most likely an actual marketing play to make it look like more people cared about dynamic heads as its to coincidental and to advanced for a glitch to just play out like this, i think the gig is up roblox and the marketing for these heads is awful

• Giving it to all accounts
  • Giving it to all new accounts by default now
  • taking offsale classic faces
  • changing old accounts avatars with the head and giving it them for free

Its clear roblox is currently trying to get them out to the community and is ruining the entire platform in the process in a disorderly stupid manner that is such a cheap marketing play thats its honestly not just embarrassing, its frustrating.

11 Likes

oh hell nah roblox tryna be like fortnite fr :pray: :joy:

4 Likes

As a handful of posts have pointed out already, my main issue with dynamic heads compared to classic faces right now is their incompatibility with already existing accessories, and I feel fixing that is very important if dynamic heads are meant to replace or upgrade from classic faces.

I’m interested in using a dynamic head for my avatar, but in their current state the sizing and offset of the head as well as the proportions for the facial features (atleast specifically the Stevie Standard) makes my avatar look somewhat odd.

To be fair, the hair is UGC, but the glasses are from Roblox themselves (the Nerd Glasses) yet on a dynamic head have the most noticeable offset when compared to my avatar with a classic face.

There’s even a bug report on this issue already as well. Despite some dynamic heads being updated since this report, issues still persist with consistency between dynamic heads and classic faces when using accessories.

Smile face:

Stevie Standard:

6 Likes

That’s what the entire post is about, they’re replacing old faces with dynamic ones

1 Like

I’ve spotted that over 200 replies were deleted here (post count in the URL is 912, while the sidebar shows it as 691). I’m fine with off-topic or rule breaking replies being deleted, but it leaves to wonder, were all of the 220 replies that were deleted off-topic, or extremely critical of this feature?

Sometimes you have to swallow your pride on a feature that is just bad and no one wants, this is a case with this head feature.

17 Likes

Here’s another thing, if you guys gonna force an update, at least polish it, because just look at this.

Not to mention the shading errors it comes with. Why rush and force an update?

25 Likes

Considering the fact that they just removed almost every single free classic face from the marketplace, I seriously doubt it.

3 Likes

I personally don’t have a strong opinion on the update itself, however I think Roblox should avoid forced adoption of avatar changes. Let the community decide what they like rather than pushing an agenda onto us. I doubt that the company is capable of differentiating between what is truly a better user experience versus a heavily contrived metaverse chasing fiasco.

There’s a really good way to figure it out: Let users decide what they want. Make something players want to adopt.

9 Likes

Wow they really just shoveled this out to appease their little overlords and called it a day huh.

That makes two days since this announcement and zero response.

3 Likes

Bruh now all of my favorite faces are gone :frowning: bruh I’m crying right now, roblox keeps removing the best features in the world.

2 Likes

“you dont get it bro this is the future of the metaverse!!!” :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Roblox: We love hearing everyones feedback!

Also Roblox: Ahh shoot everyone, we did it again with a bad update. Cover it up and make it look good.

4 Likes

Why is this another attempt in pushing things that stray farther and farther from the classic more liked avatars. You guys should really just listen to the community and stick to what people enjoy instead of what you think people will enjoy.

9 Likes

maybe the fact they’re trying to push to you to keep your camera on all the time idk

4 Likes

I don’t think hands are a good example since many people also struggle with that. But I do agree that AI is NOT a viable solution.

2 Likes

why this update kinda sounds pointless

3 Likes

that wireframe view of the head mesh is genuinely horrifying…

(both because of… it… but also because of how uneven the distribution of all those triangles are!)

5 Likes