We’ve Rebuilt Sponsored Games!

It was working for me when I did it. Maybe it broke. Hope it gets fixed ASAP.

1 Like

601 clicks on 10k sponsor, i used to get 8k-10k clicks

7 Likes

The update isn’t out for me yet, but it seems to work the updated way, and I’m getting way less clicks then I used to on other games.

I have spent 40,000R$ on the joke, I just lost money with this update. You guys should really improve it as soon as possible.

5 Likes

With the way sponsorships are broken right now, as we see in the replies countless times, we have to make up for lost funds.

Developers that spent Robux on a broken sponsorship should be refunded entirely, no questions asked.

7 Likes

If you have issues with sponsored games not working properly, you’ll want to support/file a separate bug report on that, so it’s easier to spot and respond to.

Looks like there’s a “feature request” topic here (maybe it should be moved to bug reports): Sponsoring is currently extremely worthless

4 Likes

Yup. Same here.

This happened on another one of my sponsors too. The sponsor is almost done running and I didn’t get a single visit or impression but it still took the robux. Imagine a young developer just got a christmas present and he decides to spend it on sponsors for his new game he’s been working ages on. The robux would just be gone.

Fix this ASAP roblox, this is a HUGE issue. If developers just get no visits and we just lose robux. I might as well have thrown it down the drain. Or atleast give everyone who’s spent robux on sponsors in the past 3 days their money back.

5 Likes

Hi there!
Important Dev question :smiley:
is there a way to know in a script, if the player got to my game from the new sponsor ad?
like some kind of an IF statement we can use to check??

Thank You!

1 Like
  1. Clearly the 0,0,0 Stats is a visual bug
  2. Too many people use sponsored ads now, which causes demand overflow, meaning the impressions you expect now will always be lower.
  3. Are you even clicking all the boxes? obviously your impressions will be lower if you just select like male users age <13 etc etc

The new Sponsor system doesn’t work correctly… Could we get the Robux refunded so when the system does work we can use it then?

It isn’t a visual bug.
Literally no visits came from it either. I ran the ad before with the exact same targeting and it got impressions.

5 Likes

I ran this over 6 hours ago, and it’s now it’s the next day. No impressions, no clicks, no nothing. It appears I’m not the only one experiencing this issue either.

Do we get refunds, and is this being fixed? I spent approximately 50K for 5 days of sponsoring. What is going on?

5 Likes

I thought the plan was to move all new creator services to create.roblox.com, all under the new dashboard or “home”, but yet they have incorporated the new administrative panel into the main site, under Discover - Roblox?

It all seems a bit messy currently, like usual. It’s like all these teams at Roblox HQ aren’t cooperating with each other and just doing their own “thing”.

All creator features should be in one place. I can’t remember what was said in the RDC, but the plan is to fully remove roblox.com/develop in the near future? So, once that happens, I’d have to go to create.roblox.com to then get redirected to Discover - Roblox

If a existing service or new service is being developed, such as the rebuild of the sponsored games, they should’ve just waited until the baseline for the dashboard has been completed, or waited until whatever the plan is.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I think your argument is silly. Gender is an important thing when it comes to marketing your product/game. Because of this, it gets developers more chances of getting a high CTR.
The information on who joins their game is completely private, each individual who clicked on it is not visible to the advertiser.
This doesn’t hurt anybody and is not visible to anybody at all. Almost nobody is using it for malicious intent, and I don’t think a few bad apples should be the ones to dictate whether this update should go out or not.

3 Likes

That is impressions-Amount of people seen.
Clicks-Who clicked on add-
Click through rate-Clicking rate
CPC is something related to buying after seeing an add
Attributed plays is plays from that
Conversion rate and CPP I do not know.

The issue for everyone appears to occur when we specify that we want a certain age or gender group.

I did a little test run on one of my tycoons and did 50,000 Robux each on Console in 1 day. 100,000 Robux total.
(One with all genders and ages)
(One with all genders and users <13)

The sponsorship with all genders and ages had DOUBLE the amount of impressions than my previous sponsorships of 50,000 Robux got. The rates were much higher, but I received the same amount of clicks. How can there be an additional 6 million impressions, (12 million total) but no drastic increase in clicks? All the other times I have had ~12 million impressions, I got ~65,000 Clicks) This time I got ~12,000. There is an issue here. It may have something to do with how the Games Page is now setup.

A larger issue though…

The sponsorship with all genders and only <13 was HORRIBLE It supposedly had 3 million impressions with 50,000 Robux spent, but only 1.7k clicks… I’ve gotten more clicks in the past when I spent 1k Robux. This cannot be an issue regarding the rates because these sponsorships were done at the same time and day.

I am not looking for a refund, but rather spreading awareness.

The age/gender specifications seem to have an issue and the impression rates appear skewed. When all ages and genders are selected, the only issue may be the misleading impression rates and much lower click rates than before. Again, I believe the new Games Page is a part of the issue.

4 Likes

I am here to spread awareness about my experience with the new Sponsor System.

Similar to above, I attempted a Sponsor targeted at < 13 and another sponsor for <13 and13+. To be honest both of these Sponsors had a similar outcome which is great. I wasn’t expecting this after what @cZeuss stated above.

I’ve experimented with different amounts of funds ranging from 5,000 to 150,000 and I’m not exactly impressed with it. I think partly the reason we are not getting as many players is because Sponsors don’t seem to appear on the games page anymore. Players use to see Sponsors a lot because they show on the Popular Category but that category isn’t at the top anymore, it’s 4 rows down.

• Recommended
  • Most Engaging
  • Up-and-Coming
    These 3 categories don’t seem to display Sponsors at all. This makes Sponsors close to useless in my opinion. I’m not sure if this is intentional or a bug but I hope to see Sponsors in these Categories in the future.

Heres some pictures of the stats I got from 4 different Sponsors:

5k Spent for 1 Day on Console

5k Spent for 1 Day on Phone

20k Spent over 2 Days for all Devices

150k Spent for 1 day on Computer

Honestly, I feel like I wasted a lot of Robux on this and I wouldn’t recommend spending Robux on Sponsors in hope to get players. Yes I did manage to gain 200 concurrent players but I feel like I should’ve had a lot more because before this update I got a lot more players from a 20k Sponsors.

I feel like Sponsors use to do so much better before this new change and the new Games Page layout.
Again, this is just my opinion and my experience and I am not asking for a refund.

10 Likes

I’m unable to find the new system. I’ve been on the creations page and everything. I am also in the beta program. Why can’t I find it?

Not trying to stir anyone up or anything, but I keep seeing discussion around Roblox’s decision to allow developers to target ads towards certain genders and I don’t see the issue. This is not something new, this is something virtually every platform uses. Google, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, all of these platforms allow you to make an advertisement directed towards a certain gender and there is a good reason for it. Using gender as an analytic is incredibly useful for getting advertisements to the people it’s suppose to get to. If a game like Royal High wanted to push out an advertisement about one of their new updates to their mostly female audience, this feature would not only help the developers of the game, but the players themselves that didn’t know there was an update. And nowhere in this cycle is there any gender stereotypes being pushed. However I do think Roblox should allow users to choose more options for their gender when signing up, or not disclose that information entirely.

1 Like

Please fix sponsors. I believe sponsors became worse after the “Games” page got changed (correct me if I am wrong). The reason is because sponsors only appear in a couple of sections in the “Games” page. The sections which it appears are at the bottom of the “Games” page. For example, Most Engage section is at the top of the “games” page, but they do not show sponsors. The Popular section (which shows sponsors) got moved down. People usually look at the top sections of the “games” page. Advertisements are now way better than sponsors.

I know someone who put 150k Robux on sponsors and got max 250 concurrent players (with a decent icon). The game then went to around only 20 players after a day. Then after a couple of days he put 20k onto advertisements (with a decent ad) and got over 400 concurrent players. The players still remained after a day.

12 Likes