Weapons? MAPS? HEROES!

[quote] In your opinion, which door color fits best?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler] [/quote]

I like the 2nd better because it’s a higher contrast and that makes it easier to see. Also, remember to decorate both sides of the door: players can see the backside and if it isn’t prominent enough it becomes invisible really quick, leading to frustration.[/quote]

High contrast is best

[quote] [quote=“Davidii” post=176301]
Can I give you money for this one?
I want to give you money for this one.
like mother of all that is good [/quote]

That is pretty funny because I was hoping for some as the night dragged on. I wasn’t holding out for any, because I started the set in the correct mindset, but there was that little bit that said, “it would really be the cherry on top.”

But also, I looove feedback: it gives me an idea of how I am doing and what you have in mind for the game, and I can incorporate constructive criticism into the next set. For projects, things you liked, didn’t like, thought could be improved, things you absolutely adored: those are my bread and butter.

Here is a place where you can walk around and check that I’ve made all the overheight bricks cancollide false, among other things: www.roblox.com/games/265768795/NWSpaceks-Place-Number-126

Also, is the TileBasePart supposed to be unanchored?[/quote]

RoomBasePlate is not supposed to be unanchored but don’t worry it’ll be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:
Please give to me[/quote]

I haven’t gotten any feedback yet though :frowning:

[quote] [quote=“Spacek531” post=176318][quote=“Davidii” post=176301]
Can I give you money for this one?
I want to give you money for this one.
like mother of all that is good [/quote]

That is pretty funny because I was hoping for some as the night dragged on. I wasn’t holding out for any, because I started the set in the correct mindset, but there was that little bit that said, “it would really be the cherry on top.”

But also, I looove feedback: it gives me an idea of how I am doing and what you have in mind for the game, and I can incorporate constructive criticism into the next set. For projects, things you liked, didn’t like, thought could be improved, things you absolutely adored: those are my bread and butter.

Here is a place where you can walk around and check that I’ve made all the overheight bricks cancollide false, among other things: www.roblox.com/games/265768795/NWSpaceks-Place-Number-126

Also, is the TileBasePart supposed to be unanchored?[/quote]

RoomBasePlate is not supposed to be unanchored but don’t worry it’ll be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:
Please give to me[/quote]

I haven’t gotten any feedback yet though :([/quote]

My feedback is it looks really freaking awesome and I want it in my game like a dolphin wants fish in its stomach and gravity wants the whole universe to group hug

Compared to most of the other tilesets (mine especially) it looks flawless

I can’t possibly critique something the quality of which already rises so far above the average of the tilesets in my game already

[quote]

My feedback is it looks really freaking awesome and I want it in my game like a dolphin wants fish in its stomach and gravity wants the whole universe to group hug

Compared to most of the other tilesets (mine especially) it looks flawless

I can’t possibly critique something the quality of which already rises so far above the average of the tilesets in my game already [/quote]

Praise will do, but I appreciate at least knowing someone’s favorite part: it means that I can incorporate more like it to get an even-better next one.

Here’s this:

And this, if you like:

So uh, here’s the first 4-door tile I’ve built. Opinions? Not so sure about the fire thing in the middle. Keep it or leave it?

[quote] So uh, here’s the first 4-door tile I’ve built. Opinions? Not so sure about the fire thing in the middle. Keep it or leave it?

[/quote]

Take it out and it’s fantastic!

[quote] So uh, here’s the first 4-door tile I’ve built. Opinions? Not so sure about the fire thing in the middle. Keep it or leave it?

[/quote]
I like it with the fire just maybe not blue fire, change it to orange or red or something.

Version 8 is out, guys! Go see your tilesets along with all the other epic content I made with the help of contributors!

Did you add floor skipping, or is that a later update?

Edit: Figured it out.

After playing this a bit I was thinking about doing a tileset, but first what are the lighting settings? I wanna make sure that it looks the same as it would in-game while I’m building it.

EDIT: Made a shield in 3 different flavors. Interested?

Each of them is 1 union. Pretty easy to change the colors if you want.

Also since I don’t know how players will be holding shields in-game they may not be scaled correctly (read: they’re not scaled at all; their current scale is the scale I built them at)

So… was mine added? I played at least 40 dungeons and it never came up. Also, the dungeons with the colored Neon lines in the center of the hallways could use an invisible part so that people don’t go down inside the little hole: it makes the entire floor disappear because of invisicam.

Yeah - Wsly, TrainedDoorman, As8D, and I saw your tiles on floor 30 something.

Edit: Floor 7 - this is it, right?

Yes, that is it. It’s darker than I expected: it’s outside, so it should be bright. It appears that the trees are cut a little bit short, too. Floor is irrelevant because the type is randomly selected. I suggest a “recently-used” of n*0.5 tiles, that way it chooses tiles that haven’t been used yet or haven’t been used in a while.

Anyway, here’s a sneak peek of Decrepit Mansion

Yes, that is it. It’s darker than I expected: it’s outside, so it should be bright. Floor is irrelevant because the type is randomly selected. I suppose that the tile types has become saturated enough that an RNG isn’t enough to select it. I suggest a “recently-used” of n*0.5 tiles, that way it chooses tiles that haven’t been used yet or haven’t been used in a while.

Anyway, here’s a sneak peek of Decrepit Mansion

[ul]
[li]8 4-way tiles[/li]
[li]8 T-junction tiles[/li]
[li]8 straight tiles[/li]
[/ul]

Can the door be bigger than the original one? What would the maximum dimensions be? (height, length, depth)

[quote]

[ul]
[li]8 4-way tiles[/li]
[li]8 T-junction tiles[/li]
[li]8 straight tiles[/li]
[/ul] [/quote]

If the 8-tiles-per-type continues, I can see a one-upmanship contest coming on.

Door can be any size as long as it is consistent across the tileset (I think)

[ul]
[li]4 Column: Four columns that surround the central square thing. Each door has two coffins next to it.[/li]
[li]4 Column (Broken): Just like 4 Column, but there is at least one thing that is broken or destroyed.[/li]
[li]All Column: Filled with columns that support a “row” structure above them. No coffins near the doors.[/li]
[li]All Column (Broken): Just like All Column, but there is at least one thing that is broken or destroyed.[/li]
[li]Obelisks: Four obelisks that surround the central square thing. Each door has two coffins next to it.[/li]
[li]Coffins: The perimeter of the tile is lined with coffins, either gold or normal. Some of them have coffins that have been looted from.[/li]
[li]Grave (Normal): A grave that only contains normal coffins. Some of them have been looted from or blatantly stolen. Obelisks light the room.[/li]
[li]Grave (Special): A grave that can contain both normal and gold coffins. Some of them have been looted from or blatantly stolen. Obelisks light the room.[/li]
[/ul]

I’m gonna bump this thread in case anyone else is intrigued in making stuff for Heroes!

2 Likes