WebhookProxy | Discord webhooks go brrrrrrr

I think roblox is blocking this proxy now.
I only get this error when the server runs it from a script, not when I run it via the console, via client or via local server.

This isn’t related to me. That error is specifically because you’re trying to send a HTTP request of some kind to a Roblox API endpoint. Please check your code first.

How does the anti-abuse work for this?
I assume just making a new URL would bypass it unless there is some information that the webhook carries that I don’t know of?

A mix of soft ratelimits, some pre-request checking and some post-request checks too.

It’s very much possible that I could send a request to the webhook to get guild/channel information and incorporate that into my anti-abuse checks (if you send a GET request to a webhook, like putting it in your browser, it will return information regarding the server and channel it’s in, as well as some information about the webhook itself like its name and avatar), but for privacy reasons I decided against that since I don’t want to hold any information regarding what the webhook’s for.

If you want to make a new URL, go for it, I won’t stop you. But if you do the exact same thing that got your old webhook banned, you’ll just get the new one banned too.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, I plan to open source my ban handler which uses this proxy to display the bans/commands used ingame but was worried people would implement it wrong and get blocked. I’ll make sure to direct them to this comment once I open source it.

Are there any alternatives? I don’t trust this well enough.

Sure there are. https://hooks.hyra.io/ is another one that’s slightly newer and does a different approach to proxying with multiple IP addresses (though I’m not sure what the benefit of this is), but more or less works the same. However, it seems they log request data for debugging purposes, so make of that what you will.

Always goes down because of Anti-Abuse, not possible to use.

I’m looking into solutions to this. This is what happens when you get bad actors I suppose.

1 Like

Is there any chance support for editing messages could be added?
More info: Discord Developer Portal

Ah, I held off on adding this for simplicity’s sake, but if there’s an active use case for it then I can add it. Hold tight!

thanks! while your at it, might as well add support for deleting as well. I can PR the stuff if you want, but my js/ts isn’t too great.

Will implement, don’t worry. Just been sidetracked with stuff.

The reason it uses multiple IP addresses is because Discord has a ratelimit set at 5 requests per second per IP address.

Request data is only logged if the request fails. This is discarded of automatically after 7 days.

Hey, I love your Discord Proxy, do you think you could do the same for Twitter?
Mainly to use the Check if the user is a Follower <3
If you need anything let me know!

Thanks Again!

You should be able to do this without a proxy. Just make the HTTP requests you need to make using the HttpService.

Nop Roblox is blocking some important Character to add in the Header for the Twitter Key. I have all the Code ready, I just need a proxy.

There is a whole topic about it here : How to use the Twitter API inside studio? - #23 by Redanite

They’re a bit old now, but long-time user of this proxy here addressing concerns of trustworthiness and more!

I use this proxy across all my major games and have since it was created, and I have zero complaints, only praise. Anytime an issue arises, it’s almost always on my end. It will never be on the webhook’s end, unless it is a brief period of downtime (blame Cloudflare, it’s always Cloudflare).
The proxy is usable, if you’re using it right. It has limitations and if your webhook is constantly breaking, it’s something on your end.

10/10 proxy, would replace my Discord URLs with it again. funny vouch for funny proxy.

Just FYI I will be deploying a pretty major update soon. Downtime might be expected and there are changes to the anti-abuse system so things might go kaput. If you get hit by any issues message me immediately.

@jackdotink psst… sorry for the wait…

The changes have been deployed. I’ll monitor everything from my side but it’s looking good so far. Please shoot a DM if any issues arise.