Website Chat Notification That Never Goes Away

this problem happens to me too, but I don’t know this is a problem or the chat system tells us to chat with a player after we friend with them. to say something like “Hello” or anything so the chat notification is gone.

before I say something to my friend I never chat in website or mobile chat (I only chat in-game)
after a chat with my friend (only one word for testing), the notification is gone.

EDIT: my friend text me back, and I’m already read the chat but notification not gone

1 Like

Can confirm that this is still happening.

It always happens when I add a friend and doesn’t go away until I text them in the Roblox Chat. I don’t use the chat at all, so I don’t do that.

Even when I open the chat and click all the chats. It is still there.

1 Like

Is there any updates on when this issue will be resolved I have 47 ghost notifications. Another step that I found that causes this to happen is if you click on a person who you have never spoke with or haven’t spoken to in years it will add a notification to the chat tab.

Yep… currently have 6 “unread” message notifications. It now sends me a notification if I get in teamcreate with someone, whether we actually chat on the site or not.

Can confirm. Have had to deal with this for over a month and is frustrating. EDIT: Forgot to mention on mobile.

One interesting thing that it did to me:

I had 2 unknown notifications, with no conversations not unread. Then, someone sent a message to me, to which I replied, which removed one of the notifications. However, the chances of one of the notifications coming from that conversation are astronomically small, but it was interesting and I think it works because the bugged notifications don’t “exist” and when one of the notifications were supposed to go away, it took one out with it.

For some reason there is usually a chat window poppued up on my screen, despite there being no unread messages in the past months (or even years).

Then, looking at my chat, you can see the top message in the list is from 2016?

And when I click on the message from OKevinO, their username does not appear across the top - but it does for the other chats.

tl;dr Chat seems very broken on my account (AbstractAlex, Windows 10, Chrome)

25 Likes

For those who can’t stand it, I managed to lower the “unread” number by accessing the chats on mobile (didn’t work for all of them though… not sure why it is selective). Seems like there are inconsistencies there as well, but it might be worth a shot if it is bugging you every time you load a page.

Yes @AbstractAlex, it does this for me too. I have too, read the chat boxes and for some odd reason it still is showing it unread. I don’t certainly know if it’s technically a real bug, or if its a standalone missed chat message.

Very old forum. I can tell you that i’ve been dealing with having 21 notifications for a year now, and it’s really bugging me :slight_smile:
I’ve seen some codes on Pastebin with stuff to fix it, but that’s just suss and I’m not 100% dumb.

I am having a problem, finding my conversation id

I’d recommend downloading the ROBLOX mobile app and clearing your notifications from there. This does the trick for me as I’m experiencing this issue recently and I get somewhere around 30 notifications a day.

2 Likes

The bug still happens to this day. It’s really annoying that I’ve read the message and the notification stays still. I am experiencing this issue with Roblox Chat.

It doesn’t only happen in chat for me now, it happens on the notification too,
image This won’t go away. I tried a lot of ways. It stills keep increasing and never goes away
I have posted a bug report for this like a week ago, but it hasn’t been approved yet.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200726-123539_Roblox and I can’t do anything with it lol even on mobile. My notifications on PC are also stuck, I’ve tried twice to fully read and the notification stay still.

This is a different issues, and you should look for a different topic about this problem or if one doesn’t exist, make it yourself. The problem this topic is about is about the Chat Window.

I get this bug sometimes as well as another “bug”. I say it in quotes because its an intentional feature which is irritating. Whenever you invite lots of people to a game, it opens up every chat window on the website. Each time you load the website without clearing them away, they pop up lagging out the page. They tend to make the notification glitch start up again, which makes it worse.

Apparently BTRoblox has a fix for this.

After clicking that button, refresh the tab, or log out and log back in. It worked for me, as my notifications went from 59 to 0.

(Edit to upload video.)

(Some proof.)

6 Likes

Can confirm. One of the most annoying bugs.

1 Like

Don’t worry, this has been an issue since 2016 or before it. I’ve encountered it.