Weird Camera.CFrame behaviour

Has something recently changed to the camera? I’m setting the Camera.CFrame and right now the viewport is placed way off from where the Camera position actually is. This started happening 1-4 hours ago.

As you can see it looks alright when I tween but as soon as the tweening ends it’s like Camera jumps back to another position that’s like 200 studs away. Camera.CFrame.p prints correctly though, it’s just the viewport / zooming that is off.

7 Likes

Probably related to New PlayerScripts, Take 2

Do you have a repro file? It’s possibly related to how PopperCam is re-implemented. I’ll need to see what the script is doing to say for certain.

1 Like

Camera.rbxl (26.1 KB)

This is happening in my game, too

Experiencing pretty much what’s described in the first post as well; in the live game with an updated client the camera is set much farther than what the CFrame is set to. This behavior does not happen with the same scripts when ran in (un-updated) studio play-solo.

dont mindt me including @DevUItra in here because we were talking about this same issue he has the same issue at his game Escape room while other places dont have that issue like mine called Would you rather

1 Like

This is a bug with the port of Poppercam_Classic. It’s popping even for Scriptable cameras. Unfortunately, the update to Poppercam is not quite ready to go. We’re going to assess the impact of this and probably turn off the new playerscripts to fix this.

7 Likes

Glad to see ROBLOX already working on a fix for this, thank you.

How long do you think it’ll take? Because 18 hours with some games like this isn’t good.

2 Likes

Was really confused when this happened, I thought this was an issue with the camera in my game and spent a lot of time trying to fix it. Hopefully it gets fixed as soon as possible, many games are nearly unplayable because of this.

Phew; was wondering what had completely broken camera stuff in my game! Hopefully this gets fixed soon :smiley:

i was scared when this happened

Does anyone have any coding work arounds until then? The weekend has begun so I’m guessing it probably won’t get fixed for at least another 2 days. I’m currently testing out using the tweenservice but the results aren’t optimal

1 Like

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same behaviour and many others too as I did a video tutorial on how to make a shop with this cam feature like OP.

Hopefully a fix is released soon.

Temporary fix is to use TweenService on the camera, see here: (Make sure cameratype is set to scriptable)

local tween = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(

game.Workspace.CurrentCamera,

TweenInfo.new(0.5, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, Enum.EasingDirection.In,0,false,0), -- Change to your liking

{

CFrame = "Put your cframe here as you would with interpolate",

Focus = "Cframe of camera focus"

}

)

tween:Play()

Cheers,
Alvin

4 Likes

Absolute legend.

Too lazy to implement right now though haha.

I already use this create function of TweenService in my games yet I’m still having issues.

Yeah it is a bit hit and miss but worked for me, obviously a temporary “patch” until its fixed

same, been like this for days

Any ETA on when the Poppercam update? I rather not release my game with this bug so if it’s over a week, I’d like to know so I can find a workaround.

3 Likes