What are you working on currently? [2016]

I just turned off chunk unloading if he wants to test it with the Smooth Terrain LOD stuff
@zeuxcg

Messing around with animations for a ride vehicle! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

oh… ship stuff, and space.
probably should be like… working on other stuff than the combat… nah.

3 Likes

Is this the one with the YouTube videos I saw earlier? I’ve seen a ton of space games on YouTube it I’m super sad because I haven’t seen any of them release :frowning:

I… don’t think anyone’s made vids about my project yet,
but… there is a super sekrit early beta release i uploaded to a super sekrit alt
AI ship doesn’t respawn right now, so… if you want people to shoot, bring them yourself

AI ships now respawn, have fun.

This task scheduler :D ?

Just so you know, Lua code all runs on one thread no matter what. It’s just that a lot of functions actually yield, which means ROBLOX stows them away and automatically runs them again on the next frame at a certain point until they yield again. You’re just wasting cycles if you’re trying to get stuff to run in parallel, unfortunately.

I’m taking ROBLOX back to the grid

2 Likes

Where art thy neons? Is thy EditQaulityLevel too low?

Am I loved now momma ;_;

3 Likes

From what I remembered in Tron, it wasn’t that bright… I suggest lowering the global ambient to be darker. but yes, that looks a thousand times better.

Just finished Flynns Arcade,

Hoping to finish most (if not all) the city tonight! Very excited.

5 Likes

Sure hope that has Journey - Separate Ways playing in there!

And for me… Gui stuff. Thanks @VolcanoINC for the help.

EDIT: Btw, because I was not focused on the studio window, my fps are kill, however when I’m focused on the window the fps are 58-60.

1 Like

Screwing around with lighting.

1 Like

Throwing together this game in my free time.

17 Likes

Which of these three looks better?

1 Like

How’d you get him to stay on the wall :open_mouth:

1 feels fairly realistic

2 feels a little cartoony, but in a good way if that’s what you’re after

3 is a bit much imo

1 Like

Witchcraft

8 Likes

Made Awesome progress today, still building. The city looks great from a distance and amazing inside, I’ll love it when some of you play :slight_smile:

(BTW there’s no way I’ll finish this tonight. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. And then begins… everything outside the city…)

2 Likes