What are you working on currently? [2016]

Just so you know, Lua code all runs on one thread no matter what. It’s just that a lot of functions actually yield, which means ROBLOX stows them away and automatically runs them again on the next frame at a certain point until they yield again. You’re just wasting cycles if you’re trying to get stuff to run in parallel, unfortunately.

I’m taking ROBLOX back to the grid

2 Likes

Where art thy neons? Is thy EditQaulityLevel too low?

Am I loved now momma ;_;

3 Likes

From what I remembered in Tron, it wasn’t that bright… I suggest lowering the global ambient to be darker. but yes, that looks a thousand times better.

Just finished Flynns Arcade,

Hoping to finish most (if not all) the city tonight! Very excited.

5 Likes

Sure hope that has Journey - Separate Ways playing in there!

And for me… Gui stuff. Thanks @VolcanoINC for the help.

EDIT: Btw, because I was not focused on the studio window, my fps are kill, however when I’m focused on the window the fps are 58-60.

1 Like

Screwing around with lighting.

1 Like

Throwing together this game in my free time.

17 Likes

Which of these three looks better?

1 Like

How’d you get him to stay on the wall :open_mouth:

1 feels fairly realistic

2 feels a little cartoony, but in a good way if that’s what you’re after

3 is a bit much imo

1 Like

Witchcraft

8 Likes

Made Awesome progress today, still building. The city looks great from a distance and amazing inside, I’ll love it when some of you play :slight_smile:

(BTW there’s no way I’ll finish this tonight. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. And then begins… everything outside the city…)

2 Likes

Be VERY careful please. These student licenses often specify you may not use them for commercial use. Uploading them to roblox (regardless of whether you, or your friend, or anybody makes money off of it) still results in money being made via a mesh created using a student edition of the program.

2 Likes

How likely would it be for them to find out?

That’s really not what you should be asking.

And I don’t know what sort of teams they have dedicated to enforcing that.

2 Likes

Progress on ScriptOn’s Animation Editor v5 (click to play):

Decided that this time around I wasn’t going to use the multiple character rigs. They made seperate timelines difficult (for instance, having the back animate for 2 seconds while the left hand animates for 0.5 seconds and right hand animates for 1 second). With this “proper” system (What real animation software uses) I can animate different parts at different times. It’s also a bit cleaner but obviously less kid-friendly than v4. Right-click on the keyframes to change their easing styles. May release sometime down the road as this is the most user-friendly version yet. Hopefully I’ll finish it tomorrow.

If you click the picture for a better view you can see the easing styles labeled. The dots on each end can be dragged and the keyframes have an auto-scaling scrollingframe that resizes itself when you drag on the “…” at the bottom of the frame. I also want to adjust the play/stop/rotate/move buttons to look cooler. They’re just kinda… “there”

7 Likes

that looks way better

Today I wanted to create a more optimized version of Stravant’s BitBuffer module… and…

Starting BitBuffer Comparison in 2 seconds Starting Stravant's BitBuffer Write Test Took 6.8202495574951 seconds Starting TheNexusAvengers's BitBuffer Write Test Took 6.8814198970795 seconds Starting Stravant's BitBuffer Read Test Took 11.215714216232 seconds Starting TheNexusAvengers's BitBuffer Read Test Took 10.228192329407 seconds
Almost no difference for writing data, but there is a 9% improvement with reads… which isn’t that bad.
The tests are so long because I was reading/writing 125 floats for 1,000 times.

I plan to release it with a second string function that accepts Non-ascii characters… and, this is backwards compatible with Stravant’s (except for BrickColor, I am not putting that in), so old saves will work.