What are you working on currently? [2016]

Gonna need you to step off my door-kicking-down territory

well I thought you would rather there be a building left after I entered… But no… I’ll jut go back to using an excessive amount of shape charges.

(You gonna make that by any chance?)

Update on my nice little WoW private server:

So at this point I’ve got logging in somewhat working (I need to fix a few bugs) and then implement realm lists, and it’ll be pretty much done. Hooray.

1 Like

Not relevant to Roblox, just my final project for my school’s digital fabrication class.

I have this SSD in my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop as of 1 and half weeks ago. So why not make a simplified model of it?
Got to love 7 second boot up times.

Anyone remember that bar I was building? Still working on it, nearing completion, only a few more buildings to make then a little scripting to do and it’ll be done. :wink:

1 Like

Are we only allowed to share Roblox projects?

I have been working on this train:
blob.png

If you are observant, you have noticed that the smoke coming out from it is piling up vertically instead of trailing along. This means the engine is stationary. Why is it stationary? Yrrep, Steven, nor I could really figure out why, but we know it has something to do with PGS and how momentum is an ephemeral concept in PGS.

1 Like

I’ve never understood why people make massive complicated machines like this use roblox physics. They’re screaming for a super-sexy CFrame treatment.

It could probably be done in an hour or less.

1 Like

Mixing Japanese and Chinese architecture, this is my own twist on a “Tenshu”, the main tower-like building of a Japanese castle.

15 Likes

liked favorited and subscribed

love seeing people make this stuff

1 Like

My RTS Lobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MiK57zqRo

Working on making the background action look nicer. It auto generates two teams and makes them fight.

2 Likes

Animating this blocky dragon for a kind of boss battle.

Here are the islands so far.

5 Likes

Hey I have a couple questions about this if you don’t mind.

• Are you using a scriptable camera, and if so are you just running it at (while wait() do) or are you running on render stepped?
  • Are you using CFrame to move the block around
  • If possible could you give me a basic rundown of how the controls are running.

I have been working on a similar game except the “player” is a ball and it is top down, but I keep getting lag.

Thank you in advance.

Also if anyone else would like to help here is a question I asked on Scripting Helpers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Custom humanoid models :smiley: Started the code for leg-placement and finger bending before this summer (Avatar 2.0). Finally got around to building a ‘proper’ rig for it.

5 Likes

[quote=“SolarFloss, post:228, topic:19325”]
Hey I have a couple questions about this if you don’t mind.

1. Are you using a scriptable camera, and if so are you just running it at (while wait() do) or are you running on render stepped?
  2. Are you using CFrame to move the block around
  3. If possible could you give me a basic rundown of how the controls are running.
    I have been working on a similar game except the “player” is a ball and it is top down, but I keep getting lag.

Thank you in advance.

Also if anyone else would like to help here is a question I asked on Scripting Helpers4. Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

1. I use a Scriptable camera, and I set the CFrame with every renderstep
  2. The character’s CFrame is also set each step. All physics are handled by my script. The character is non-collideable and anchored. Changes to the character are broadcasted from the client to the server and all other clients. (Still need to implement anti-exploit)
  3. I use UserInputService to handle keyboard input. Eg pressing W or Spacebar calls the following:

blob.png

canJump() checks for physics and time requirements.
Feel free to shoot me a message if you still need help!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Apocalypse Rising models, eh?

It’s for a new game x_o and I are working on.

That maintenance warehouse is super awesome. If it were large enough for a train I’d be begging and scraping.

1 Like