What are you working on currently? [2016]

with a slightly edited entrance so it’s a bit taller than what I posted before…

4 Likes

I guess this is the part where I start begging and scraping.

Getting the engine for my 2D shooter prepped for a public demo, already shipped it to the place on Roblox but I found a few glitches when messing around online, only collision problems I noticed.

I also am starting to try rendering as I got bored and decided why not. This is my first ever render and even though it’s nothing impressive I’m happy with how it looks and the fact that I got reflections on it.

EDIT: Forgot the picture because I’m an idiot

1 Like

my motivation

2 Likes

Lightsabers are so fun to build.

19 Likes

That’s a nice hilt man! Although my hilts aren’t as beautiful, I did make a pretty great looking blade effect! I showed it off in an earlier post

2 Likes

Click to load each gif.

They also have dynamic leg placement for various terrain but it’s not shown here. Once I finish the walking animation I’ll show you guys!

3 Likes

Update on that game I’m working in

I don’t have any fun pictures to go along with this post thought. So ships shipping.

5 Likes

To practice OOP, over the weekend I started working on a particle emitter that emits parts (tentatively called “MetaParticleEmitter”) for more complex effects.

16 Likes

Thanks! That looks sick, though I couldn’t imagine myself making a blade tip that’s anything other than pointed. It’s a tiny little detail that I obsess over for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know what the game will be yet, but I think I’m thinking of making some kind of racing/obstacle course type game. I’m still contemplating whether I should add player collisions or not.

After tons of help from these forums I finally got the collisions working smoothly along with updating the player’s position to the server and then to every client. Thanks everyone.

You can try it out for yourself here
I’ll be adding mobile support eventually

1 Like

That’s cool but I must say, the ball handling is infuriating. Also, I found this nifty collision glitch.

All you have to do is push through the wall instead of bouncing off.

Heh, ball handling…

2 Likes

Reminded me of this…

Old bad post pls ignore

4 Likes

Same problem here :confounded:

(I’m open for ideas for a sidescrollling game)

1 Like

Someone posted about a battlebots challenge in the reddit.

There are hardly any restrictions.

Based on videos, the competition has no idea how to script.

Big mistake.

3 Likes

I did that on purpose to make the racing aspect of it even harder. If it was easy to control the game wouldn’t be as much fun

Yeah I came across that too. You can actually leave the map like that. I’ll work on it lol

1 Like

It’s a game called Planet Cazmo. An MMORPG. It used to be an actual Virtual World online. It was shut down a few years ago and I was a huge fan of the creativity it had shown. This picture was taken a few weeks ago when I had just finished the basics of my custom chat. The game won’t be out for a while now but I’ll give anyone who’s interested a link to the actual test servers.

With this project I want to expand the box that ROBLOX-based mmorpgs/virtualworlds are inside of and move away from this idea that “It isn’t fun unless you can morph into a baby” or “I need a pet dog!” No. You don’t need a pet dog. You can have a pet Mimmaq though. (They were these small purple and pink things and they were cute on the real game.) This game will incorporate lots of social features, quests, custom characters, a fully-functioning User Interface, the ability to view a twitter feed in-game, many, many areas and I’m hoping a mobile phone feature to keep in touch with ‘buddies’ and text them and follow them to the server they are in within the universe.

I also was given the heads up by the guys who originally created Cazmo, it was copyrighted and all but they explained everything ran out around a year after the game actually shut down, so it was no longer up to them if I could lead on with this project. As long as I don’t use any of the original vector assets. They allowed me to use things like the logo though so thats cool.

:smiley: :blush:

2 Likes

Working on finishing my competiting plugin to F3X and Build V4

7 Likes

Does it compete with VIP tho

3 Likes