What are you working on currently? [2016]

I’ve always wondered why people put “Powered by ROBLOX Studio” in their intros, instead of “Powered by ROBLOX”. Maybe that’s just me, but it doesn’t seem right…a game doesn’t even run using any studio code, it only uses the client code.

I get annoyed by irrelevant things a bit too much :expressionless:

1 Like

Oh whoops, I had no idea the link would expire. Here’s a link to my tweet with the GIF

Finally getting around to making my object insertion Gui for a fun little building project… Although its actually a scripting project, not much building. Regardless of the fact, its been a fun one.

Totally not a Blender modeler tool on roblox…
@maplestick

(Well aware I need TextButton highlighting, getting to it.)

And because I need to be able to save and load models from server to client and vice versa, as well as DataStores, I store references of the objects in numerical Indexing, similar to whack Minecraft does with their blocks.

(Yes all of those are mesh parts, low poly… Maplestick’s MeshPart Essentials have waaaay too many polygons for my liking so I made my own kit :P)

2 Likes

If you’re actually making a blender-esque modeling plugin for roblox that’d be awesome :smiley:

1 Like

:o never thought of making it a plugin… Maybe later. At the moment its for a secret project…Or many, at the moment I’m tossing ideas around but all of them will require this wonderful building tool.

Most people view studio as an engine, while viewing ROBLOX itself as a platform. So saying it’s powered by the platform may feel off to them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

blob.png

Either or, I believe saying “Powered By ROBLOX” is the correct way.

They got rid of ogre over a year (maybe 3 now?) ago and recoded everything on their own from what I understand. There’s a blog post about it in like 2013ish

Dynablocks had a really dynamic entry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOZ_hyu7Lo

http://blog.roblox.com/2014/03/farewell-to-the-ogre-the-new-roblox-rendering-engine-is-here/

2 Likes

Tadah

1 Like

Throoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowback to kinetic code’s conception!

1 Like

This was soooo satisfying. We should integrate OGRE again just to get rid of it again.

18 Likes

Can you please add support for 0.01 size bricks first?

I have a immutable craving to make music, so what I’m working on currently is learning FL Studio and Audacity.

Just scale your game up by .2/.001

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Isn’t that what OGRE’s for? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been working on a music game based on the Sound Voltex arcade rhythm game for the past 4 days.
This is the unfinished test track, which is an example of what one of the hardest songs will be on the highest difficulty. (just to be sure, the title of the game isn’t final)

23 Likes