What are you working on currently? [2016]

@0:53 it becomes a pokemon bad guys theme song :P (which I totally like)

Wow, I’ve listened to this song (Bangin’ Burst) several hundreds of times at this point, and it’s only after you mention it that I totally hear it :open_mouth:

That’s really cool and super impressive.
/)o3o(\

All I hear is noise, but besides that, that is actually really cool to see on roblox… And how smooth it is :o

EchoReaper, T_T Stop, this is ridiculous, all I hear Is noise I cannot make out what the “song” is supposed to be. Stop with your fricking accusing.

##tada
just put together some assets of mine and made this.

14 Likes

Nice! If I may ask, how did you synch the game to the music? Did you hand build a data structure or did you use some dynamic wizardry?

2 Likes

Yes please tell! I am interested in this.

1 Like

I’m actually using the IsLoaded property of the Sound object to make sure the sound is loaded before playing, combined with a predetermined beats per minute (BPM) count and offset. I then play the music while at the same time I start incrementing a counter every frame, just adding deltatime each frame to see where in the notechart the game should be.
The offset tells how much earlier or later the notes should run relative to the music, and the BPM count tells me how fast everything should actually scroll. I’m calculating how much it should scroll per frame as it runs by using a function connected to RenderStepped to get deltatime, then multiplying that by the amount of beats per second (found by dividing BPM by 60).

Right now, it’s all manually adjusted, so I have to hope that it’s running synced, until I can find a better solution. Not sure if I really explained it all that well, but this is what I have right now :3

1 Like

Explained quite well, thanks! I’m coming up to a point where I’m going to want to sync events to music on one of my projects so I’m looking around at what others have done, hoping someone has solved all the hard problems for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! I’m thinking there might be a way to ensure proper timing by checking the counter against TimePosition on the playing Sound object, but I haven’t tried it out yet. Either way, I’m glad I could help out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made a little shop GUI to go with my new game

1 Like

try blurring the background

5 Likes

Had a dream about this place last night, decided to make it in Roblox:

15 Likes

Wait… you made that in less than a day?

3 Likes

Building plugins ftw

teach me how to build please. ;-;

What plugins did you use and what did you use them for?

The only plugin I used was Studio Build Suite by Fractality for rotation mostly.

2 Likes

What would you like to learn about building?

Is that Heaven?