What are you working on currently? [2016]

Nobody ever said no so… who knows?

Also how are you doing animations?

Worked on a decent sized update for Kinetic Code. No new content, just made gameplay better. Going to have to re-animate every animation and every gun, though :confused:

1 Like

Starting to move on from the ROBLOX platform into Unity. I’ll be using Unity in my EPQ (extended project qualification) for school to which we can do the project on anything we like, so I’ll be making a game. Time to learn C#!

Is the project in OP still going on?

I’m still on this hornet xD
This is the docked position, the dock is not built yet tho.

atic position I

And this is a static position I made, just for the hype :DD

ding gears

I have to finish the tail and the landing gears.
Then this hornet is over !!

21 Likes

Its a mixture of predefined animations, and mathematically derived movement, to create the final animation I house in a little Lua class called CompositeAnimation that I developed.
It’s… It’s pretty much the most flexible system I could have possibly thought up. We should have a so called “sit down” sometime and talk about scripting nuances that would really make a FPS special to ROBLOX.

More Sound Volblox! (Also, I don’t think my phone was high enough to really capture my hands all that well, oh well)

I’m pretty sure quite a few people here will immediately recognize the song (which actually came from Sound Voltex II, to my surprise). This song actually has a very subtle BPM change at about 1:30 where it goes from 170 BPM to 172.86 BPM, and I had to actually implement a way for the game to make charts that work with this BPM change this morning, just to make the track sync up properly.

Either way, I now have the ability to add way more songs because the game can (or at least should be able to) handle any and all BPM changes now :smiley:

18 Likes

Good god man.

just like… i’m speechless… that there is triple A game quality. that’s like… the kind of game you’d see being demo’d at E3 by some big company.

1+*math.huge points to you

sidenote:

Banananananananananananananananananananananananananananana mag

17 Likes

O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA :sunglasses:

(so sorry)

4 Likes

are the songs copyright or self-made? :open_mouth:

How do you turn off Autoplay? I love checking our your progress but it always plays the song for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: nvm figured it out!

Progress on BlendBlox ™:
blob.png

I’ve written a system to separate my games various feature-modes into different “scenes” to properly allow me to keep my code organized and clean and not get lost in a mess of code. Each scene has their own gui “Layer” (Or mulitple, if needed) which is a Frame object that acts as a ScreenGui for the scene, all UI elements for that scene is stored there and is hidden when the scene is no longer active. Each layer also has support for RenderStepped and Heartbeat updates if needed.

However I"m bored, I want to make a loading screen, but I don’t have any ideas… Anyone have any?

1 Like

The new sound properties & effects are lit

Played around with the new sound properties tonight#ROBLOX #ROBLOXDev pic.twitter.com/sma8rqEBQp

— LeitrisArcade (@Leitris) October 17, 2016
6 Likes

lit

These songs are copyrighted, but there’s a chance I could have access to a source of original music through one of my friends in my college’s game development club.

If I have original music, I’ll be filling the game with that, while putting the copyrighted stuff off to the side. If Konami takes legal action for the copyrighted content (which I doubt will happen until later on), I can replace it once I get my new sources.

1 Like

BRAIN POWERRRRRRRRRRRR
The Osu meme.

1 Like

finally, A gameplay mechanic.

it’s not much but…

[details=WARNING:meme]
[/details]

Also, i modeled an Axe

3 Likes

Aircraft Hangar
Inspired by the hangar in the WarThunder main menu. I wanted a hangar to put my aircraft in, so I built this. I’m hoping to eventually build an Avro Lancaster and B29 Superfortress, because those would be dream additions to my collection. Currently I’ve got an F86 Sabre and a Mig-15. Looks like I’ll need to build more aircraft now to fill it up…

And yes, the doors open with a buzzing sound

13 Likes

damn… that’s much better than mine from a few years ago…

Pic

https://i.gyazo.com/cb1cdbabb02f2d140362185ac5bdb789.jpg

3 Likes

Audio-visually appealing. I look forward to this greatly.