What are you working on currently? [2016]

Looks nice

Looks like he’s holding the sniper ontop of his hand and not using the entire hand to hold it. ??
Also the sniper moves forward when firing ??

Working on this present for @thelolguy301’s birthday :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Opinions? :smiley:

3 Likes

just one…
i think… that might be a little tiny bit over the 5k tri limit…

3 Likes

You’d be surprised at how many polygons something like that may be (even if it’s over 5000). Meshes with a low amount of polygons can look super detailed with great bump maps.

1 Like

Hahahah it indeed is! (About 15+ million vertices… Lol, oops.) I’ll be decreasing the quality, and hope the effort is worth it :open_mouth:

You can achieve the same amount of detail with significantly less polygons using bump/normal maps if you’re familiar with texturing 3D models.

1 Like

Honestly, I cannot texture at all… :worried:
I wish though.

well, you’re better off than what i’ve done in the past few days…
i’ve been taking a bit of a break from roblox soo…

NOT ROBLOX

https://i.gyazo.com/2f579d487ccfd815be3096cf715c2c5f.png damn forum code.. never works when i need it to..

1 Like

Does roblox even support normal maps yet?

More work on BHS ![](upload://s1qc9louI3cImWFpUEAZaAYSf13.png)

9 Likes

I imagine a classroom would have 2-3 lights at least.

1 Like

Those are temporary lights, we haven’t made them yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

No

If you sculpted that you can bake it as a texture and slap it onto a low poly version.

2 Likes

Doesn’t texture baking require rendered normal maps, which ROBLOX doesn’t support?

1 Like

correct.
you bake it in peices

first, you bake the normal maps of the high res sculpted model.
then you apply that normal map to the low res one, and bake the rendered texture from that one.

EDIT:
also, in the spirit of the upcoming election.

3 Likes

Ketopia, a magical place (version 2):

Linky: Ketopia™ - Show Case - Roblox

Place is completely scripted (yes, that means the place is built with scripts and not studio.)

If anyone remembers this, it’s a remake of that old version. Doors aren’t added yet, so soon(tm.)

EDIT: If anyone has better music for it, gimi an id pls.

1 Like

So detailed normal maps can run on roblox as textures? I got lost when you said to bake it as a texture

no, but they can be used to bake a good diffuse texture for the low-poly version