What are you working on currently? [2016]

I think this is what your talking about

2 Likes

You can bake it and still apply it as a diffuse map.

1 Like

I was prototyping some Bezier curve math stuff for something else using Roblox and made a thing where the control points of a cubic curve interpolate to attempt to make a straight line. It turned out pretty nice looking. Also uh, OBS captured some music that was playing in the background…

Near-final result for @thelolguy301’s bestiary present! :smile:

So sad that the result in ROBLOX will look like this at most :frowning:

That’s the head part with 5000 triangles, which is exactly ROBLOX’s limit :confused:

2 Likes

tbh, it would be best if you upload each body part as a separate mesh.
Not only allows that for more triangles, but you could animate it.
(and that head with the right texture would still look very good, when ROBLOX allows HD textures, that is)

1 Like

They’re already separated, as you might’ve noticed by the ‘breaks’ :slight_smile:
Each part contains surely above 1 million vertices XD

EDIT: Does anybody know why there’s a 5000 vertices limit actually? I mean, I know that if I had this T-Rex in ROBLOX it’d lag horribly, but why is the limit so low? Wouldn’t perhaps a higher limit do? :smile:

1 Like

Spinning coasters! :sunglasses:

External Media
10 Likes

The lag is probably the only reason. For everything but a map, 5k is actually enough to work with (assuming Roblox had a decent enough rendering engine that could load multiple texture maps, and bump maps, specular maps, etc). So my guess is that they want to force people not to do the dumb thing, and use too much poly where it’s not needed. (Maybe we’ll get more texture types in the future?)

1 Like

Oh wow! Wait so ROBLOX supports those mappings? :open_mouth:
Could you share some more information about that?

The current terrain and material textures have a few maps for the bumps and scratches, right? Hopefully we’ll be able to use our own someday.

3 Likes

Ohh! :smiley:
Yea that’d be great.

Interior updates on Blox High Science Classroom ![](upload://k05JMXY7Ha48RAa4aQIiIDROcUg.png)

Gymnasium

Staff Room

6 Likes

:sparkles:

37 Likes

that’s really lovely

Awesome!

I like how you criticized yourself. It taught me more about design with particles as I read

1 Like

Any chance of this being open sourced? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I was actually planning to show them off in an uncopylocked place instead of an album but couldn’t be bothered getting it all to work right just so I could kill two birds with one stone. Not to mention quite a few of them use Drag, which hasn’t been enabled yet, so some of them would look strange in-game.

1 Like

Making some sort of creepy little girl thing for ROSES
Shameless twitter self-plug

5 Likes

I love that game!

The 1.0 robloxian character enemy things are a bit corny but otherwise it’s a 10/10 from me.

2 Likes

All of the blocky characters are getting a revamp in the next update on Tuesday :slight_smile:

1 Like