What are you working on currently? [2016]

I honestly wouldn’t have touched it because I like the Old version a lot more than the New version.

He hates it though, so I had to change it :confused:

Overall it’s probably best this way- i mean I don’t know your exact settup, but i’d imagine just setting up frame-points is easier than frame-durations… if you know what I mean?

Maybe. That’s personal preference which is why I had issues in the first place. I built the animator to suit me and my wants/needs.

Then Bluay came along and I had to redo it to work the way he likes.

Why not just add a ‘mode’ for it so you both can use it?

They’re two different formats. I could parse it back and fourth each time but it’s not worth it imo

R15 Character Ragdolls in Garry’s Mod (and some R6 ones)

(featuring Merely, me, Shedletsky, Seranok, RedTopper, UristMcSparks, spotco, Quenty, ROBLOX, PlaceRebuilder, Dawgra, and Beeism)

10 Likes

Man I didn’t read the title and thought this was in Roblox,
I was about to cry tears of beauty

1 Like

26 Likes

Man, it would be so cool if roblox were built on Source.

You would be pretty limited, though. Source uses BSP which means dynamic levels are hard to make.

b-but the physics

How are the physics nicer? Because they’re not elastic like ROBLOX’s? You can change the elasticity of parts to make them not bouncy. It’d be really nice if they were significantly less elastic by default though.

ROBLOX physics are unpredictable. Sometimes collisions can lag you out or fling you into the air. They are just not that nice to work with if you want a solid game. For games that don’t involve a whole bunch of movement they are OK but for games such as FPS they aren’t the greatest. Just look at PF and how many times you will fling out of the map on that game due to physics glitches.

Happy holidays!

14 Likes

PF’s collision issues are actually their fault, at least partly. They let ROBLOX physics do their work, but they also use CFrame to rotate the character. When they force the rotation so that the torso is suddenly clipping through a wall or another character, ROBLOX has to adjust and push the character away so it’s no longer clipping.

I’ve never seen any other game with flinging as severe, so I’m pretty sure that’s their fault. As for flinging in general, I know it was an issue in the past, but I haven’t experienced in any games as of late – maybe I’m just not playing the right games though. Rollernauts is heavily physics based for instance, but physics in Rollernauts have been nothing less than superb. There’s the possibility they don’t use ROBLOX physics though – maybe @BLOX31 or @shellc can comment on that.

Rollernauts uses Roblox physics but it’s all server-sided, which means we sacrifice input latency for stability. On the other hand, that latency is hidden rather well due to the nature of the control scheme. Also, the extent of Rollernauts physics is rolling and bouncing balls, so it’s probably safe to assume Roblox has that down.

5 Likes

Sorry for late reply, but yes.

1 Like

Working on a map

3 Likes

I managed to put all this data AND account for the rare instances where servers die and don’t tell the datastore that they are no longer active in a digit 14 characters long so that I can have a proper server lobby using ordered datastores. I can keep this server list updated every few seconds and it can support thousands of players without any issues at all.

5 Likes