What are you working on currently? [2016]

89 parts with the most detailed armor and a gun

Image ![Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 7.52.39 PM.png](upload://hevUMZTtVqcyQNYAtUam8rshe4M.png)

Haven’t experienced or had any complaints about lag yet

2 Likes

Woweeeeee.

This gives me hope for my rig.

The local rig is 78 unions. Your characters get full fingers and the 20-something union gun model.

Here’s the dummy rig. It’s what you see on other players. It’s 35 unions. Each gun is 2 unions. One for basic coloring, one for the camo. If you look closer you’ll see the (surprisingly slight, thanks to my gun builder) difference between the high detail and the dummy SPAS-12, the right hand is actually a thumb, the pointer finger, and the last 3 fingers are combined. The left hand is a thumb with the last 4 fingers combined. I do this because the gun needs a trigger finger and yeah… makes for a lot less parts without much visual difference.

2 Likes

Ouch, he’s going to have wrist problems when he’s older.

12 Likes

He dies like 3 times a minute because he’s controlled by a six year old. He’ll be fine.

When the explosions are just right…
blob.png
(Retweetable… tweet if wanted)

5 Likes

Bad Nexus. Don’t rotate hands. Ever. If you need the hands to face a certain way, rotate the arm instead.

Other than that, nice :P

Anyway, have an actual progress report of my current build.

(Lighting will be improved soon. Just finished the walls and such.

6 Likes

Just finished some more weapons :slight_smile:

18 Likes

It’s like a fallout shelter or something…
Imgur

What kind of disaster would need supplies for over sixty years?
Imgur

Oh my gosh! A SMEZ dispenser!
Imgur

5 Likes
8 Hours of Bulding Later... ![|690x305](upload://kT9Z8pbNpmFP8rNgXCGrNtFHyyg.png) ![|690x301](upload://jCzyjWJ5dbO8Id2xhjRrrxLJK26.png) ![|690x303](upload://jxkEIkcx1Qapo7yReumKh6RXcIR.png) (Lighting will be worked on. Still has a long way to go.)
2 Likes

My characters vary from 0 to 100 parts depending on how near the character is and if it’s on screen. Even the pupils are independent animated parts! I’m considering adding fingers now that the joints would only exist at a high level-of-detail, but I find it’s hard to make fingers that look better than mitten-hands.

I’m very happy with this system so far:

9 Likes

You got movies to watch in there right? Hope that fallout shelter is big, humans can’t last long inside of the same small cramped space for long.

Heck, The Guest-Tech Private vault is 6,000 cubic meters big, has enough room to have your whole family stay there for as long as you got the supplies. We highly encourage our buyers to store more ammo and water then food and chems. Because you’re gonna be down there for a long long long time.

And, we also have a special room for growing produce, though most people grow grass. Oh and you’re also held responsible for maintaining your nuclear reactor.

Hint-hint, when the GECK is out in a be making my dream fallout shelter… A luxurious personal vault, with my own dark hidden secret with clues left behind for my guests to find and piece the story together.

-sigh-
this may be more difficult than I thought it would be

2 Likes

It looks good so far! :stuck_out_tongue:

The want to break the ToS and model that and import it is real :frowning:

You’d need spec and bump maps

mesh import

I’ve been working on animating a customized R15 rig for Dragonlore. It’s coming along!

http://puu.sh/okK0X/d4670384bf.webm

3 Likes

No, just a couple of books. It was built in the early 80s by a scientist who was slowly going off his rocker, so it doesn’t exactly contain a lot of amenities. There’s more to it than is shown in these pictures, but I haven’t built those parts yet.

You won’t believe the amount of time I took just to make this:
blob.png

1 Like