What are you working on currently? [2016]

We meet again - place in late 2013 which somehow got me into RBXDev…

Also, hooray, not a stair simulator!

Well I’m taking a long break on Hitman, as I’m possibly never going to finish it. However I’ve been keeping myself busy writing my own top-down-shooter engine to use for a not-so-secret Hotline Mimai themed anthro game. Currently I’m writing the AI logic so that players have something else to worry about other then another player… They aren’t as smart as a tactical shooter AI but their smart enough to be considered functional and cool.

If you want to see them in action and try to run away from them visit here: http://www.roblox.com/games/326875434/Hotline-Scriptami

I’m not finished yet, and I’m aware they will not always shoot at you while they are chasing another player, I’ll get to fixing that after I figure out how to make them aim just enough in front of you while you are moving to hit you.

Also, you can’t shoot yet as I haven’t written any tool API for the players.

What happened with Hitman?

First person animations just got too hard to nail, so I just said screw it. That and I really just lost motivation for it when I realized I would easily hit the magical CSG limit with guns alone. That and I would need to have a working datastore lobby system up and running and I really don’t understand datastores that well to do that. Oh and not to mention too many replication issues that require another rewrite of the engine. So I’m just not going to bother with that right now.

Update on AI’s: They have gotten 20% smarter and deadily. Their node based algorithm now checks for the nearest node to the targeted destination, which means that the AI’s will now actually enter into the shacks and shoot you if they cannot see you from the outside. Their still a bit dumb and will run into things occasionally but their good enough to be taken as a serious threat for players. Only major thing left to script for them is making them aim slightly further ahead of the player to increase the chances of hitting the player at range. (Bullets are not instant hit detection either, they’re slow bullets)

Animations require time and patience. I used to be horrid at them and hated them with every fiber in my body. CSG ‘limit’ is now bypassed by making the collision box of them ‘Box’. Datastores can be found on the wiki.

Not trying to bash on you but this sounds like you’re being lazy.

Nah its fine, the datastore part is being lazy. But the CSG “limit” I’m talking about isn’t physics related its just the amount of time it takes to download the place (5-15 minutes depending on your internet) There’s 10 different gun models, each of them have 10-20 unions. Animation wise, I’m just inpatient when it comes to animating but I do know its like anything else, you gotta keep practicing. (Which I do, but I rather not spend months animating when I still have a lot left to code)

1 Like

Can you show me a picture of your gun models? You must be doing something wrong because I have gorgeous ones that download in under 30 seconds on a slow internet connection on my even slower iPad.

1 Like

Working on updating my city place with more explorable and atmospheric content ;D

5 Likes

Sure thing, I gotta get back to my pc before I do though.

(We talked through PMs)

Well, its time to make fully functional weapons for the players, so I might as well animate them as well.

1 Like

idk stuff

More stuff ![|605x500](upload://6wvEhsT7JJucMYYOB4MKHf5lbxz.png)

Cool terrain gen :smiley:

12 Likes

Been working on a single-player game that contains some simple interactions and weather system that hasn’t been fully implemented.

Snow Weather #1

Snow Weather #2

Snow Weather #3

Rain Weather

Normal Weather

23 Likes

Well I’m going back to my old roots, yes. The thing that got me where I am today is Fallout, a certain Fallout community here on roblox (that I’m sure we have all heard about by now) has requested my services, not as a builder but as their coder. Here’s a little video showing what I got finished so far:
https://youtu.be/vFCWE-Upoys

Originally, I was just asked to script a gun for the Brotherhood of Steel however the group’s leader started wanting more and more and more added onto the gun and I kinda lost it and said I might as well just write a whole damn roleplaying engine. (In those exact words too) And well, 3 days later here I am with this.

Got loads to do before this is finished and got a deadline of 02/01/16 to finish it by, but this… This is going to change the way Fallout games on roblox are done. Oh, did I mention this is going to be opensourced? no? Well, now you know!

3 Likes

I had some free time on my hands, but not enough to be worth doing a proper project, so I decided to do some anon80475429-esque goldberging:

Edit: Now with 100% more gear

11 Likes

A small video to showcase where I’m working on currently :slightly_smiling:

Permission denied? :frowning:

Fixed

needs 2 people to start, still heavy work in progress, but I think it’s turning out really cool so far

basically one person plays as the slasher and has to kill all the survivors before dawn, survivors have to run and hide from the slasher to survive

it’s got some cool stuff like your heart rate picks up the closer you are to the slasher, slasher can hear breathing if they get close to you, some slashers have thermal vision, etc etc

I’m trying to make sound a big deal as well

3 Likes

working on this honda CBR1000RR

8 Likes

Also anyone else noticed that previous images aren’t working?

1 Like

I’ve been working on a game from within the well known anime, Sword Art Online. The game itself is called Gun Gale Online, and it is an open world FPS game with multiple guns. So far I have been working on the gun models, attachment models, and animations for first person.

more here

4 Likes