What are you working on currently? [2016]

Oh only ROBLOX’s next front page game :P, Disaster Island is coming out in a month or two and we have an amazing team working on what we hope to re-define the Disaster Survival game genre, make people actually have to work hard to make something better. We got the hype, despite being a long way off release xD

What method did you use to do the fog that fades as it goes up into the sky? Is it a solid-to-transparent gradient far in the distance or something? I remember seeing a thread on here about it but I can’t remember what it was called.

Testing stuff, WITH LAZARS!!!
blob.png

Extremely early development (not even uploaded to Roblox yet), but I am working on it.

3 Likes

You will find out soon enough when the engine is released to the public. (But your post also has the answer in it as well.)

3 Likes

Works nicely

9 Likes

Is that a part with a gradient effect or a giant inverted cylinder? I hope not the latter as that gets laggy.

(Aslo, where is that place, and what is that place?.. Looks Fallouty like, me much interested in seeing the full thing.)

The principle is to use a standard part ~(1,1,1) with a mesh (I use a hemispherical one) scaled up so it’s around (1K,1K,1K), then changing your fog settings to suit.

And here I was thinking something was wrong with my internet

It’s a giant inverted mesh, yeah. I previously had it at 10000x10000x10000 Which made the sky the same color, but after reading that thread I lowered the Y size to 800 and now you can see some color as it rises up which is pretty cool. And yeah you’re right, it’s Fallout! I don’t really want to post much on here, but you can add me on Skype if you have it and you can come look. (Skype: jcvapor)

wow I thought I was the only one that did this

it works great for blending fog into skyboxes, I usually keep it at like -1000 so it doesn’t pop out of render distance

3 Likes

Really cool projects here! :smiley:

2 Likes

Quelaag?

I’M COMING FOR YOU.

1 Like

What in Gods name

some anime character being made on roblox.

I’m working on a lobby for the upcoming EBR’s group game:

8 Likes

Is it just me or does the hanging object in the last screenshot look like a giant teapot…?

1 Like

Here, fixed it. Turned out it wasn’t a teapot :slightly_smiling:

RBXDev statue by WafflemanXx roblox.com/games/246608041/Model-Making
4 Likes