What are you working on currently? (2017)

Sometimes it’s hard not to mourn over abandoned projects of which so much was put into (put on the new lighting system to see what it would have looked like)

7 Likes

Publically, this is all I’ve done in a month.

Privately this is all I’ve done:
[REDACTED]
So yeah, been a busy dragoooony

stuff

I don’t draw often, this is the first thing I’ve drawn digitally in a month and looks more canine then dragon. rip.

1 Like

Hey not a bad dragon, though I feel like you can lower the poly count by 5k and have the same quality of mesh.

Been working on cool shenanigans.
Got tired of having to prettify my own code, and thanks to Studio’s string.dump outputting real Lua 5.1 bytecode decided to start working on a decompiler (wip) to auto-prettify the code for me.
Hurray for laziness!

This looks like an H.

2 Likes

I’m working on a unique game called Annoying Simulator with a few developers, two of which are in the forums—@Mightty and @Zeumus. The other, Kindoodle, isn’t on here, but surely deserves to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried being productive today…

it didn’t work…

you were productive, clearly you were intensely studying the gameplay mechanics of farming simulator
to remake into roblox

2 Likes

Haha, this isn’t too much of a church. But I’ll be obliged in showing you at some point.

I spent the day implementing “exponential height fog” in my game engine.

18 Likes

Whats that font you use ?

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto

1 Like

Working on a React-Native (React for Android/iOS) app for a school project. Most of the time things go so well and seem so easy and amazing (e.g. it has “chrome devtools” that I can use for logging (and even debugging) code on my phone, Hot Reload makes it I don’t have to restart the whole app if I change nothing major, …), but then I spend an hour figuring out how I can position a dropdown thing next to a number input field without it looking weird, or spending hours figuring out how navigating between screens works best. Nothing too bad, as I like designing backends, and for “designing” the UI, it’s mostly just “create header, create a box, add some text, done” using a few lines and boom, it looks nice.

quite fun for a school project

Creating a marketplace for my zombie game, where players can buy new guns, (soon outfits), melee weapons, player camos, gun camos and safes/more credits.

What do y’all think of a leveling system where you earn credits instead of unlocking guns? I think this way the game can be more personal and you can choose what guns to pick/buy (or in a sense “unlock”) what you want next.

2 Likes

I already did that back in 2015
it promptly broke with the physics update tho… (it was also the first time i used FE)

what’s more crazy to me is that i paid 35 dollars for this… one 10th of the smallest devex, or 10,000 robux…

if i charged 3500 robux for even the best possible game ever people would never buy it once, no matter the marketing…

Trying to get Servers to run basic NPC things for some co-op stuff.
Never been super comfortable working with Scripts>LocalScripts and have been working more with metatables over the last few weeks.
Trying something new, rather than iterating NPCs via script, I’m creating an endpoint and letting physics (AlignPosition) move the position. Clients will then render each of the blocks as an enemy and add proper lerping between updated positions.
Just a few colliders chasing the player so far, and while it looks really sporadic, when the client is close it looks fairly smooth from their view, client interpolating should smooth it even more.

Still have to sort out floorheights & ensure that all the update calls I’m making will be as fast as possible so the server doesn’t just destroy itself.

Edit: Excuse the music

2 Likes

Scythe model consists out of 934 tris

19 Likes

seriously though, how!?

2 Likes

5 Likes

its amazing what normal/bump/specular maps can do my friend.

2 Likes