What are you working on currently? (2019)

This system isn’t used for combat models. I’ve got an entirely different system for that. Also if this was to be used for combat, the NPCs still wont stray from their replicated positions. The client just renders the NPC where it’s told to, it doesn’t guess or set the position itself.

If that’s the case then the NPCs themselves should literally be gliding all over the place. Does this means you’re handling animations differently than Humanoid:Move() ?

Yeah! Move() and MoveTo() aren’t used at all. The server gives an approximation of the NPCs current height and then the client renders it properly. This is true to about 1.5 studs above their heads (they’ll have a hard time smoothly walking through doorways that aren’t above 7 - 8 studs high)

The NPCs are being moved using CFrames which is why level-of-detail was mentioned in the twitter post :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What is the link to the plug-in?

There is no link go to roblox go to library click plugin

SciFiHelmetForInstagram

Here’s my DevForum Portfolio: Ted | UI Designer For Hire [50% SALE]

9 Likes

Deserts? Yes!

I had a bit of a rough time decorating this biome, so if any of you have any suggestions, feel free to share them!

4 Likes

I suggest you maybe add some tumbleweed, and/or bring some life into it (creatures

1 Like

Programmed an Area detection system that’s easily customizable using parts (and that also works with rotation in mind) @LordHammy helped me out with this!

55 lines of code only (I’m satisfied with this since I don’t usually program)

Sorry for the choppy camera, I recorded this with Roblox Studio itself.

4 Likes

This looks great as always! The tumbleweed idea by @AllThingsMilk is a good one; I personally think it’d look more full and vibrant if you scattered some smaller rocks and different variants of brown-colored things throughout the emptiness of the sand to make it more visually interesting and also have the oases keep their distinct contrast from the rest of the scene. If you aren’t apt to extra details, some size variation in the trees and cacti would make it a little more intriguing to look at.

This is already so visually interesting though. You did a wonderful job on the geometry and feel!

2 Likes

I’ve been working lately on a game inspired by the design and aesthetic of Firewatch. Currently, I’m working on Day/night cycles with different colour palettes to help increase the overall feel of the atmosphere. Also having a look at in shadowmap is also really cool, for my purposes it really improves the game! Here are some screenshots of the current day/night system:

Any feedback would be awesome!

14 Likes

Right now I’m working on revamping my remake of guest defense called noob defense to make things more balanced in the game and to provide a better challenge and hopefully improve my ratings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had some free time so I added a secret spell you can only access with admin commands to my WIP game:

@weeaboos

3 Likes

The build looks cool, I like that tool pick up system and…omg is that a railgun?! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Been working on the game intro cutscene for VH3 :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

I’m feeling kind of intimidated now :frowning:

As amazing as it is. I’m also working on cut scenes. Well to be more precise a system that can move a camera along a pre-baked track. Right now it only moves along a track meaning part to part.

5 Likes

Finally Updated this bad boy😎

18 Likes

Early WIP :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Firewatch?? O my gah, I played this at a friend’s house on the Switch! It was epic and the watch tower you’ve built looks amazing.

2 Likes

What an epic build. That’s a great way to hop right back into the DevForums after a long while :grinning:

2 Likes