What are you working on currently? (2019)

Just because others do something, doesn’t make it right.

I’ll edit this post when I get over the fact I just saw this while scrolling and didnt expect it, nor was warned of the content, such as putting in a

Questionable content - Avatar poo

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Alright, I removed the gif and will try to work on an alternative method.

1 Like

You should add particles for when that object gets destroyed, so that there’s a smooth transition, instead of something vanishing into thin air.

2 Likes

Made a cool object highlighting effect for a side project

https://gyazo.com/c5bb0253a1b20a425c1354145bf306ea.mp4

62 Likes

I’m going to throw in a guess at this, Viewport clone + in-workspace object is turned to neon?
or Dual viewport?

Yup! Viewport Frame + in workspace object turned to neon. Pretty simple effect but looks decent enough. There is some slight pixelation but there’s not much you can do about that

8 Likes

Its still a really awesome effect, nice find!

I think it turned out quite cool.
(You can push it to the side to see, what the customer is saying.)

Been working some more on Blox Classic and added some sweet liquid physics and particles!

19 Likes

Made a MP5SD

4 Likes

Now I can make such transitions (like between choose customer and Choose Action) easily!
Behind the Scenes:

A Charter Train (Class 67 + Mark 1 coaches) for my railway project set in the UK. Posting on behalf of my developers

1 Like

Currently working on 2 things:

A factorio ripoff (called industr.io)

https://gyazo.com/06149b770494dd0baabf3e196914cf88
~6 hours of work and we get:
Working block destruction
Block selection
Camera movement

A first person weapon framework

https://gyazo.com/f266b454046e375208be269e3fa9323d
https://gyazo.com/fde6f0331ffc86153154c9bd4d4321c5

Recently got FPS unlocking not breaking the whole thing and fixed bugs idk didn’t work on it today

2 Likes

I’m working on a town and roleplay game called Island Of Bloxica! I’ve been developing for nearly two years or so and I think I’ve finally got the hang of it! You will be able to work to get money, money to get houses (which goes up in tiers, works like simulator tools) you can put furniture in the houses to make it match to your liking, you can change the colour of your house and other stuff. There will also be a pretty unique feature which I’m working on, it’s called groups, you can join a group and some may offer tasks or request money, which you will get rewarded for. The Island will be split up into 4 sections too, North, East, South and West, each will have a landmark, such as East, which will have a waterpark, or North, the largest and most accessible beach.

Any suggestions or questions dont hesitate to ask…

Also I’m a bit late

2 Likes

I made a compilation of great realistic builds for people to browse.

After seeing so much breathtaking work, I just had to try my hand at it.

@thisfall was kind enough to let me use his meshes and textures. (I also took a couple small things from the toolbox.)

I used these assets to create an old subway station.

I’m particularly happy with how the lighting turned out. I spent a long time tweaking properties and effects until everything felt just right.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is my first time building a realistic environment. I’m a programmer, not a builder. Be nice, but please do let me know where I can improve (and which parts I did well), thank!

34 Likes

I am working hard on an Admin GUI, at the moment. Then, build tons of bases/games for my group!
For more information about my current project read this form/post!

Made some more progress on my new FPS, too lazy to record so here is someone’s YouTube video

6 Likes

Added new Honolulu scenery and updated the Cessna Caravan 208!

2 Likes

Working on an open-source feature flags module and plugin.

The module’s API is very simple:

local Features = require(...)
if Features.Enabled("Trading") then
   -- Do some trading
end

if Features.Enabled("Trading", #UserId) then
   -- Let specific user use trading even when its not enabled for testing
end

Here is what the plugin looks like so far (it still is a total work in progress):
https://gyazo.com/9ebd6dc66c7ba3cc23747ce7e066ad45

The percentages you see next to each feature indicates the percentage over servers that have access to the feature when it’s enabled. This allows you to slowly roll out a feature. If anything breaks, you can quickly disable the feature like it was never added. (Of course you still have to publish the changes)

24 Likes

I’m actually working on a live-event system type myself but it’s handled by trello.
I’m still working on the kink of having a select server only send the API change request so we don’t spam trello, but here’s a snippet of the code so far:

I’m gonna open-source it for all to use, but basically you just drag a card (you kinda have to ‘pre-make’ the live event like this
but honestly just make the live event classes that you’d ever need and all you have to do is drag the card in trello to enable it on all servers.
Example of the card ^
Then the client just translates the epoch time to a countdown

13 Likes