What are you working on currently? (2019)

Ding, ding, ding! I do. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sounds recap since November 1st

4 Likes

I’ve been working on a little low-poly food court:
RobloxScreenShot20191214_105454304 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105502477 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105513429 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105531039

3 Likes

Here’s somethimg that meets every requirement for UGC, yet its creator is not in the program

In the end it doesn’t matter if its textured or low poly. Just matters if 1.) The author is in the program
2.) It gets approved by QA who is not you.
…and QA is more like there to make sure said item isn’t adult or explicit content, not actually enforce what is “good” art and bad art. Let us all remember the “modern art” hat vs every other hat. >.>

That’s just my 2c.

@KeysOfFate you could add rocket launchers, semi auto rifles and destroyable terrain mixed in with a little bit of placable cover and you could create a quick shooter. Looks pretty cool.

What have I been working on? Well, I’m working on a cyberpunkish (in the more Akira & Total Recall art style of cyberpunk) game that has a very unique and custom art style in mind. Quite happy that the PBR studio build was dropped recently, timing is perfect! Anywho back to the project, I’m not wanting to share a whole lot of details on it until after its more ready to show in a playable state, but one of the smaller parts of the project has a pretty big undertaking to it. This being the base model for a certain… type of enemies. I don’t want to spoil much about this enemy’s art design but the following should send some nostalgic vibes to the more mature audience of Roblox.
Imgur
Imgur

14 Likes

Low-res normals using the new studio build.

7 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

I can’t seem to apply custom baked normals to meshparts that I unwrapped, are you having this issue?

1 Like

I am also having this issue. It’s really annoying, and I hope I’m just doing this wrong because I wasted 1 hour of my life trying to figure this out.

2 Likes

please for the love of god put some texture on those floors.
it hurts my eyes.

2 Likes

Keep it. It surprisingly looks better than a lava texture
:eyes:

1 Like

When mom says the food is not hot, but the food is: (your post)

…maybe you could keep the beans in it.

3 Likes

Currently working on a session creation tool with awesome CanaryUI material design UI made by me

6 Likes

Woke with a new energy, presenting Dawn.

2 Likes

experimenting with different rock textures and shapes for my future game. The rocks are free models,also the textures are free textures i found online. The rocks look a bit artificial but i’ll try to solve it. the overall game will resemble some rolling hills with some rocky outcrops and pine forests. The lighting is just for the picture,it won’t look like that when i finish the game.

18 Likes

I managed to make decent progress on getting the UI working for a game I’m working on with friends.

I had a ton of help from our artist @Aesura with what the UI should look like in-game.
https://i.gyazo.com/aa02162aaca2adc31ca169ca411a6fe8.mp4

4 Likes

Space Chickens an evolution of the traditional Brick Battle. With all of the updates to the Roblox engine I have built larger and more complex woulds to destroy.

https://www.roblox.com/games/2667323021/Alpha-Space-Chickens-by-StretchGoals?refPageId=a3ff4a03-d0c9-4bd1-ad9c-55b4b137dbb8

Improvements:

1. Avatar Morph
  2. Spawn trackers
  3. 6 Launchers
  4. 5 Bombs
  5. 3 Thematic levels
  6. Destruction Stats
1 Like

Welcome to the bayou, coming soon : )

21 Likes

Seems to be a theme that everyone’s using the grass now. Made a little test map to test stuff on.

16 Likes

I know that Christmas are coming soon, but we are also working on horror/myth game as side project.

33 Likes

Started work on my new showcase that will be my main build for 2020 called Koma City!

Finished the basic structure and started detailing the outer walls of the city gonna take a while hahaha

25 Likes