What are you working on currently? (2019)

Alright so roblox gone and added PBR to Beta. This is dope.
Question to those who have been playing around with this, I cant seem to find a way to add textures to meshes that work, specifically normal maps and roughness maps. any idea on why this is?

16 Likes

Iā€™m guessing you play Mordhau? Some of these things are in Mordhau and have very similar design. Good job! I really hope you play Mordhau. Itā€™s a fun game

3 Likes

Ding, ding, ding! I do. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sounds recap since November 1st

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on a little low-poly food court:
RobloxScreenShot20191214_105454304 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105502477 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105513429 RobloxScreenShot20191214_105531039

3 Likes

Hereā€™s somethimg that meets every requirement for UGC, yet its creator is not in the program

In the end it doesnā€™t matter if its textured or low poly. Just matters if 1.) The author is in the program
2.) It gets approved by QA who is not you.
ā€¦and QA is more like there to make sure said item isnā€™t adult or explicit content, not actually enforce what is ā€œgoodā€ art and bad art. Let us all remember the ā€œmodern artā€ hat vs every other hat. >.>

Thatā€™s just my 2c.

@KeysOfFate you could add rocket launchers, semi auto rifles and destroyable terrain mixed in with a little bit of placable cover and you could create a quick shooter. Looks pretty cool.

What have I been working on? Well, Iā€™m working on a cyberpunkish (in the more Akira & Total Recall art style of cyberpunk) game that has a very unique and custom art style in mind. Quite happy that the PBR studio build was dropped recently, timing is perfect! Anywho back to the project, Iā€™m not wanting to share a whole lot of details on it until after its more ready to show in a playable state, but one of the smaller parts of the project has a pretty big undertaking to it. This being the base model for a certainā€¦ type of enemies. I donā€™t want to spoil much about this enemyā€™s art design but the following should send some nostalgic vibes to the more mature audience of Roblox.
Imgur
Imgur

14 Likes

Low-res normals using the new studio build.

7 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to apply custom baked normals to meshparts that I unwrapped, are you having this issue?

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Itā€™s really annoying, and I hope Iā€™m just doing this wrong because I wasted 1 hour of my life trying to figure this out.

2 Likes

please for the love of god put some texture on those floors.
it hurts my eyes.

2 Likes

Keep it. It surprisingly looks better than a lava texture
:eyes:

1 Like

When mom says the food is not hot, but the food is: (your post)

ā€¦maybe you could keep the beans in it.

3 Likes

Currently working on a session creation tool with awesome CanaryUI material design UI made by me

6 Likes

Woke with a new energy, presenting Dawn.

2 Likes

experimenting with different rock textures and shapes for my future game. The rocks are free models,also the textures are free textures i found online. The rocks look a bit artificial but iā€™ll try to solve it. the overall game will resemble some rolling hills with some rocky outcrops and pine forests. The lighting is just for the picture,it wonā€™t look like that when i finish the game.

18 Likes

I managed to make decent progress on getting the UI working for a game Iā€™m working on with friends.

I had a ton of help from our artist @Aesura with what the UI should look like in-game.
https://i.gyazo.com/aa02162aaca2adc31ca169ca411a6fe8.mp4

4 Likes

Space Chickens an evolution of the traditional Brick Battle. With all of the updates to the Roblox engine I have built larger and more complex woulds to destroy.

https://www.roblox.com/games/2667323021/Alpha-Space-Chickens-by-StretchGoals?refPageId=a3ff4a03-d0c9-4bd1-ad9c-55b4b137dbb8

Improvements:

1. Avatar Morph
  2. Spawn trackers
  3. 6 Launchers
  4. 5 Bombs
  5. 3 Thematic levels
  6. Destruction Stats
1 Like

Welcome to the bayou, coming soon : )

21 Likes

Seems to be a theme that everyoneā€™s using the grass now. Made a little test map to test stuff on.

16 Likes