What are you working on currently? (2019)

Run like the wind bullseye!

3 Likes

Working on re-scripting all of Iceberg Hotels group games currently, probably will do bigger things than this later on in the year. :woman_shrugging:

working on some code that’ll take my crumby block buildings, and turn them into proper looking buildings

step 1: auto reshape building to proper dimensions

step 2: have different tile set for first floor

step 3: larger scale tests, with lots of different shapes and sizes to ensure it won’t break

step 4: add roads, or at least something that will quickly make sidewalks for me, so i don’t have to do it entirely manually.

next up: more roof types, and more building tiles.

85 Likes

That is SO COOL!

5 Likes

More rendering stuff, yay! Here’s a new comparison at 1024x1024 downsampled to 512x512 :smile:
The lighting & shadow sampling isnt set super high (32 shadow samples & 128 GI samples per pixel), so there’s a tiny bit of noise, BUT, the render only took 5 minutes:

There are still some things left to work on, but I’m a lot happier with the results now. Here’s what’s left:

• Figuring out the correct texture scale for all of the roblox materials
  • Normal mapping for textures (already have diffuse & specular)
  • Some form of anti aliasing & proper MIP mapping for the roblox textures
  • Post effects & neon material for some glowy goodness because we all love that
  • HDR tonemapping option that matches Roblox’s lighting if so desired
  • Making it open source? :thinking:
16 Likes

I recently started working on a sandbox building system. So far I’ve got the bare bones wall & floor placement working. Not for any specific project as of now.

19 Likes

It’s been ages since I’ve posted here, but I might post more often. Here’s something that I’ve started working on with the brand new voxel lighting :wink:

125 Likes

I’m working on making new products/services for my friend’s group. I’m currently working on an auto rank system. Hopefully later in the year I’ll move onto making a Roblox game.

Also working on some Roblox stuff in Visual Studio

4 Likes

That’s Roblox?

6 Likes

Yep.

Looks amazing!

2 Likes

Looks more like a AAA game to be honest :eyes:

3 Likes

I’m stunned, damn. The game already looks amazing!

1 Like

Hello I am new here!

This year I am working on a MMORPG project called “Tales of Zinovia”!

Here are some project pictures!

That’s all for now! The game should be released this year in May!

65 Likes

Looks outstanding! Excited to see more.

1 Like

I’m just working on projects and models lately…

21 Likes

I’m working on a sequel to one of my games

13 Likes

on the coins, try shading smooth, and adding an edge split, or bevel modifier, at least that is if you’re using blender.

Also, Assassin’s creed: Tankery

in this image, i’ve taken tankery’s original map, refered to as DM_Classic, and applied the building making algorithm, with a bit of cleaning up.
here’s the before view:

here’s a more ground level view of a different map, but with the same code.

16 Likes

I’m working on something titled Lua Learning.

It’s a free game place aimed to teach new developers how to code in Lua!

I started this project in the beginning of 2018, when the paid access “Developer School” scam places were going around, teaching nothing and making profit. It upset me, and I realized the best way to kill those in a free market is competition!

I styled it on Codecadamy type learning, and it has come a long way since then.
There is live syntax highlighting, error prediction, sandboxed code running, community tutorial creation, and more!

I encourage you all to check it out!

You can see the progress on it here,
And more detailed progress here.

Edit: It hit Front Page!

51 Likes

I’m working on rewriting Crossroads using my friend’s custom compiler. I wanted to rewrite Crossroads, since I wasn’t a fan of the 2017 rewrite that was done to the official version, and I wanted to do it better.

Here’s the day and night cycle I made for it recently.

2 Likes