What are you working on currently? (2020)

Progress is quite sluggish, but I’ve been learning how to utilize lighting much better and ways to conserve brick count on my builds.

My best year on Roblox in terms of building, so far!

33 Likes

Just some of the stuff I’ve worked/working on in 2020 at the moment! :grin:

25 Likes

IK leg

23 Likes

Dayumn. If you were to script all your builds and make a full game like jailbreak, i would say that would probably be the best game on roblox :+1:

1 Like

This is my first all-out project. For the past few years of developing I would usually quit these ROBLOX developments because I get bored easily. So far I am underbudget with the MessagingService but the DataStore process is a bit inefficient. Yes, the chat messages save. Yes, some messages will get erased because I am making a lot of requests with the same keys (although I could hold the server open while the queue is still running). I might change the name of this project into something more unique if copyright is an issue, but I don’t plan to monetize this anyways as an NBC

17 Likes

Hey Matt,

This looks very good for your first game. However, as you finetune your ROBLOX development skills, you must meet new expectations. I would suggest you try to modify the Tool scripts that are in the game, maybe adjust damage, explosion radius, whether the explosion affects terrain, etc. so that you can get into scripting. Also start building maps and color them with a small pallette. Less colors, more creativity. Maybe start getting used to F3X

Also, before you start scripting a full-on game… PLEASE learn Object-Oriented Programming. I started many projects without OOP and most of them have failed. Not building a habit of using OOP was possibly my biggest regret with my experience in scripting. It just makes things more organized so you don’t have to do more work in the long run. Here is someone’s tutorial for OOP, although it is a bit old: All about Object Oriented Programming

3 Likes

Empty swimming pool: (gonna fill it up later!)

32 Likes

10/10 would climb all over, slip, and break every bone in my child body.

3 Likes

Trying to make a tank game! Working on lead indicators at the moment.

22 Likes

Final touches with particles and stuff. little flame ejecting out of the chamber when fired

42 Likes

29 Likes

Bouncy man with inverse kinematic legs

46 Likes

LOl, the noob says yes to dance and he likes to dance none stop.
the animation it really bouncy like you say he turned out really hilarious. :joy:

1 Like

I really like it, however I recommend changing the fonts’ colours, as they are hard to read from the distance, due to the backround.

Made a youtube tutorial on how to make a train system on roblox:

Here is the project file:

Train System.rbxl (168.3 KB)

15 Likes

Random stuff IMG_20200525_173235 IMG_20200525_173237 IMG_20200525_173240

15 Likes

Please open source this, it looks amazing.

Looks Good! If only that was in real life so I could proceed to snap my neck and spine, while still having fun!

1 Like

My character’s driving animation + the falling animation while driving. Also, airborne mechanic.

8 Likes

Or maybe make it into a plugin?

1 Like