What are you working on currently? (2020)

Vectors act like images, but render differently and aren’t rastered. Images are rastered, meaning that their quality can be heavily degraded if scaled up. Vectors are scalable at all times without losing quality, and are rendered instead by a rendering engine that supports scalable vector graphics (.svg files).

Vectors are especially important for icons and stuff. Inkscape is the absolute best freeware vector design program, and many have used it for icons, projects, and business, and more.

Another cool thing about vectors is that you can easily export them as .PNG files (if you have Inkscape or any other image editor different from MS Paint), and even at higher scales, by just resizing vectors!

Plugin-1-Dark-Small
This is a vector icon that I have been using to create one of my Roblox plugins at the moment, and it’s going to turn out nicely (hopefully).

To prove my point of them not losing quality, go right-click the image above, maybe open it in a new tab. Zoom in to maybe 500%, and you can see the difference already! It has not lost quality, even when upscaled so high!

Also the system used for SVG files, they are created out of paths, lines, strokes, fill colors, stroke weights, stroke styles, and more.

9 Likes

If you are interested in seeing the same concept, this used to be uncopylocked.
https://www.roblox.com/games/127243303/The-Mirror-Game

3 Likes

11 Likes

Just practicing terrain to prepare for my upcoming game that I will start on most likely next month.

32 Likes

41 Likes

It’s very early in development, but I’m trying to one-up my Replace Texture plugin.

All the classes, all the properties. I tried working on sorting them into Collapsible Titled Sections with Roblox’s Studio Widgets, but they are a headache to work with. Might be best to make my own system.

6 Likes

If you use the client dump, each class property has its own category defined in the Category key of each member. I’ve actually just made a dump parser module which allows for fetching properties (and other data; including inherited members) of a given ClassName. I plan on publishing it later today.

4 Likes

That’s what I was using the Collapsible Titled Sections for. I am using an API dump and have gotten searching for classes and getting their properties (superclasses included) down.

Next step for me tomorrow is making my own collapsibles and have the scrolling frame adjust its size to fit all the properties. I’m using some JSON viewer online to help get a visual, but that parser sounds useful too.

4 Likes

zoom zoom jumpin’ over

20 Likes

Heey i recognize this :open_mouth:

3 Likes

A short zombie apocalypse arcade-style isometric-camera beat-em-up action-adventure game currently about one month in the works. Alternatively titled: Metro Necropolis!

w2UtNsJSnD

E0fkeKKCfN

SVsox1MLDt

I’ve been posting my work more often on my Twitter these days, you can find additional visually stimulating gifs of my progress there.

68 Likes

Also working on an SCP game. What do you guys think?

14 Likes

This reminds me of SM64. Is that your inspiration. If so it’s great.

2 Likes

)

26 Likes

Made my first 3D model car on blender took me about a week to get it look right but I can say I am proud of my work.

7 Likes

After another 3 weeks of having to prioritize other things, the output window is done. Made sure to design it so it can support really long outputs.

9 Likes

Some very early procedural cave generation using perlin noise. I’m pretty happy so far.

8 Likes

Might need to do some debugging.

edit: debugging done, now here’s some multithreaded (or rather, multicoroutined) chunk loading!

17 Likes

Hello everyone, i’m gonna present you my new showcase Euskal lurrak. This showcase is based on the building type and the live of Basque.

Trying to recreating the Basque houses:

It’s all for this time ! Seen you on my next post for the advancing on the game
Ikusi zaitut berantiar mutilak!

19 Likes

I’m working on building a realistic Washington D.C game, along with my home city.

4 Likes