What are you working on currently? (2020)

For the squares popping in and out from the center, I used my own module. In essence, I used a pattern of odd number’s squares for the square frames to wrap around the last layer. (i.e. 1^2, 3^2, 5^2). I used stud scaling based on the device dimensions (length of the longest dimension divided by 8.5), and anchored them all at Vector2.new(0.5,0.5) to get them centered.

The chyron, I did a rotation and messed around with tweening for them. Used string.sub for the hint message, too!

3 Likes

Making a map based on Naruto, all 5 villages.
Sunagakure finished.
Iwagakure: What are you working on currently? (2020) - #3953 by Nikoverc

31 Likes

Opinions?

3 Likes

I think it’s too blurry. It just makes it look out of focus.

6 Likes

Ok thanks for telling me. Love to hear opinions

Well as far as match lengths, 120 Minutes seems pretty good.
The main points of interest as far as keeping the gameplay interesting (as far as frequency of encounters or strategy) is that you can essentially build up an entire planet in 5-10 minutes. In fact, you can build up multiple planets completely within 5-10 minutes- the idea here is that your ability to expand in this RTS is much greater than a typical RTS.

The idea is that at the macro-level (a map of the galaxy) as long as u control all of a stars main celestial bodies, you can make resource/unit/building choices at the ‘galaxy level’ (think conquest or Risky Strats), whereas if you are in battle at a specific system, or have not conquered the whole system, you are constrained to the solar-system level (think The Conquerors, but not as involved).

On the macro your focus is unit expansion, deployment, and monitoring territories- and on the micro level your focus is building out or conquering strategic points in a system.

I think thats all pretty vague but- between a larger player-count than most RTS games on this platform, a good micro-level gameplay, a good macro-level gameplay, and good AI opponents- the gameplay loop will be interesting.

As far as expansion goes: I think a high rate of expansion in the framework im setting up makes it to where you can expand past your means to defend, and the risk/reward comes into play when making the hard decisions to forgo/pursue conquests, as well as retreating to fortify strategic stars under threat.

Lastly- the way to win will not play out like any other RTS on the platform- and the game is set up where a player never has to be ‘out’ of the game, even if defeated

3 Likes

Wow! I love the desert textures and look to the whole thing! As a person who is used to seeing cliffs and canyons with some remnants of a skeleton, this is new, and interesting!

1 Like

Image from Gyazo

Very first animal model I’ve created for my game. Don’t judge the proportions, lol. Excited to move past part-only models :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Oh, I understand your point, thanks for the answer! My main flaw was there were three “levels”, not just a micro and a macro environments. That extra layer was definitely a bad idea. In the current project, I’m also following a dual approach now:

1. The graph-like map (where player controls massive amounts of units as in Solar Scuffle, Risky Strats or Territory Conquest) is not a galaxy, but rather where micromanagement paradoxically comes into play!

1. Units (spaceships) can be commanded individually throughout the interplanetary medium (like Control RTS, Astro Force or Invasion Inc).

I find it excellent UX to never be out of the game. Unfortunately, that’s a big issue with the existing RTS games. Some ideas to counter this problem could be an “inviting” system (several players controlling the same empire) as well as some kind of “rebellions” (new empires which spawn after a player joins or is defeated).

I wish you the best for your project, especially on programming bots (imo this will be the hardest part for Strativerse :sweat_smile: but it is a must). Looking forward to play your game!

14 Likes

Made a fully procedural planet, combining this with the machine making system I made a few months ago to make a planet you can explore with machines you build

22 Likes

Thank you i wish you luck on yours!

2 Likes

30 Likes

GIF:
https://gyazo.com/da192f23e15e0790f50d24bb0cdf1f42

7 Likes

8 Likes

I just did some pixel arts for the first time in roblox studio (i’m bored) and it turned out great!

14 Likes

I’m Currently working on Another Game what Is Chilling.
It is Remake of my Game Terrain.
Game is Out already but It’s not Already done at all , there are many things to do on It.

Game Link:

Pictures of the Game:

If you have any Idea how I can make this Game better make sure to Message me.
Also the Private Server’s are Free :grinning:

4 Likes

OMG, did you actually made this with Roblox Studio?!

Looks pretty realistic, at first I thought you use game engines such as Unreal Engine😲

5 Likes

This is some great looking build

As a Malaysian, that is how the announcement stand will look like, nicely done friend

3 Likes

Currently, I’m working on a ROBLOX Member Counter Webhook System for Discord Servers. This consists of a Frontend Dashboard to configure your Webhook, and a Backend System that sends the Webhooks. The System is extremely customizable, with Custom Emojis and Custom Text. Along with that, the Backend is extremely scalable due to not using traditional ROBLOX APIs. That creates a lightning fast system with 3 minute check intervals.

2 Likes

1 New Square, London
A modern apartment/flat building, for my future architect portfolio.

22 Likes