What are you working on currently? (2020)

Made a “wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man”
or “air dancer”, “tube man”, “skydancer” … this weird thing has a lot of synonyms.

wackydancingballoon

It’s available as a free model now:

72 Likes

“Showcase by Aerophagia”

Is that playable anywhere? It’d be cool to see it in-person!

2 Likes

Interesting choice of wheels there

4 Likes

10 Likes

Its incomplete, theres barely anything on it.
But when it is at least a little complete for sure it’ll be open to see :d

1 Like

That looks nice! Still waiting for you to get back to the bloxburg project and that realistic island game :frowning: your projects are all so cool!

1 Like

Working on my building skills even though I’m not a builder, but I’m doing it anyways in case I never hire a builder!

5 Likes

I’m not great at building, so I have a hard time posting here. Everything looks so beautiful :star_struck:

I HAVE been working on things though. The best I can show is some screenshots with nice print() output…

Most of the magic is hidden :frowning:

10 Likes

Omg I love the neon dragon sign in the second to last picture! It looks so cool

2 Likes

Some truck I made for my showcase

More pictures

33 Likes

Made some good progress on my game, UI’s much improved than my last game.

7 Likes

Currently I am working on a game called bow simulator.
Similar to the new ninja type simulators but with bows instead.
I don’t wish to go into much detail about it but i’ll showcase what I have now!

Here is a demo of bows, it uses accessories instead of tools.

Here is a demo of the main gui icons. They are basic and might be changed

Here is a demo of switching between sub menus in the shop. Again this a basic version and will be changed

I’ll edit when I have more to post
Please don’t steal my idea

10 Likes

Working on a new greedy mesher algorithm for Blox. On the right is 523 instances, and on the left is only 48 (that’s almost an 11x reduction!)

The next challenge will be extrapolating this to 3D volumes, taking into consideration different block rendering types and textures.

edit: here it is working on 3D volumes!

Red has 15931 instances. Blue has 508.

59 Likes

A terrain showcase thingie. The terrain LOD kinda ruins some of it though.

14 Likes

Made a bunch of variations on the truck I posted earlier

38 Likes

This is really cool. How do you plan on making this work with textures, if they are meshes? Won’t the texture just be stretched?

4 Likes

Nexus Unit Testing (plugin) is finally moving again! Got a lot of features to go, but it is looking good so far.

10 Likes

A nice little low-poly lobby for a fantasy themed game

excuse the lighting haven’t really got into that yet

16 Likes

I’ll probably end up using Texture instances unless I find a clever way to do it (maybe pre-made meshes for the most common cases?)

3 Likes

Managed to get Blox’s cave generation heavily optimised (it needed it!) - about twice as fast now :slightly_smiling_face:

(if the format of these numbers looks a bit different, I rewrote the profiler I use too! Way more lightweight, and can be disabled when not in use)

But since numbers aren’t super pretty, this is the world that I generated while testing it out :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes