What are you working on currently? (2020)

It’s been quite a while since i’ve posted about my Parkour project… I decided to start from scratch, humanoids are really hard to work with, as the project continued, i realized that it had too many disadvantages compared to the advantages, so i made my own custom character controller, almost got the old features working on this one, also the code is a lot cleaner:

… oh did i mention you can playtest it now? here you go
just walk around with WASD and Space, press Shift to toggle walk/run and let the system do the magic.
but expect lots of bugs, i’m aware of most but feel free to send a message here or Wingboy#4187 on discord, I need LOTS of feedback. Enjoy!

53 Likes

Creating a modular lobby set for Boat Bandits

25 Likes

ENJOY

13 Likes

I am working on a festival grounds for an ancient Carthage I am a apart of.
Game Link

29 Likes

This is reaaaallllyyy cool. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make something similar to this myself. Slowly getting there though it might take me a bit longer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just a little update to my store!:blush:image

10 Likes

That is really cool! Any thoughts on making a module for the community? This is really awesome!

5 Likes

Looks really good so far.

A little advice: the two buildings together look very odd due to vastly different proportions. Buildings can have tall ceilings sure, but look at how the 5 story building is so much shorter than the 3 story building. You gave the left one a tall ceiling first floor, but that’s still shorter than 1 floor of the right building, which makes the second to fifth floors seem… cramped.

Compared to a Roblox character I’m concerned the floors on the left would feel like you have no head space.

Keep up the good work! You’ll see yourself improve in no time if this is your first crack at it.

2 Likes

That’s some really awesome work! Your posts are ones I always look forward to in here.

Not sure how you handle things on the code end but honestly if you make different features like wall-running, wall jumping, ledge grabbing, etc controlled by flags so individuals features can be disabled you’d have a pretty great base for any game you wanted to make really, it also would let you play around with features that might not be useful to your game but you wanted to make anyways.

Either way, amazing work on it. Can’t wait to see the next update.

2 Likes

Old CRT-style GUI system. Automatically adds the subtle RGB and shadow effects, as well as rotation to give a curved display feel.

https://i.gyazo.com/044e1ac61c86a9c1e20db6d7436afe19.mp4

17 Likes

33 Likes

Tried to recreate an M4A1-S. I’m not exactly the best at mesh-making at the moment, so well, leave your thoughts or something.

Still working on it.

7 Likes

Kinda hard to really show you at the moment, but I’m working on finishing up something I call the Infinity Gameflow Framework. It focuses on enabling you to quickly and programmatically establish a predictable and reliable workflow for just about any project you can throw at it. I try my hardest to keep the developer in complete control of this workflow by supporting multiple approaches to module development, asset management, server-client networking, custom instances, etc.

One thing that’s kind cool about Infinity is that it was originally designed for me to easily build UI-based games such as InfoCenter 6 (a cancelled project used as a proof-of-concept). Because of this, it comes with a built-in version of my proprietary iAnimator module that supports animation timelines (e.g. cutscenes, bulk UI animation chains, etc.) with live animation programming that can be done on-the-fly.

Still a lot of work to do. Wish me luck :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’m sorry but I died a little inside when I read getfenv(3).script.Parent. I’ve spent so many years developing systems like that, and using getfenv or setfenv when writing code is a step in the wrong direction (especially now that it can disable the new VM optimizations.) Consider passing script as an argument instead, good luck.

3 Likes

I’m working on a variety of projects:
A puzzle game, a survival game, a horror game (with my friend), and a rewritten version of Egg Hunt 2019 as if it was its own unique game.

3 Likes

Really fantastic, it’s not as if having parkour in Roblox hasn’t happened but this is the ideal. What makes this really amazing though is how smooth everything is, it all looks natural and nothing seems clippy.

3 Likes

I was actually considering releasing an old, humanoid compatible version with some flaws for the public, maybe I can get time in the future to open source a proper system that works with many games, but not now, I can’t promise anything this soon…

Thanks for the advice, this system has a lot of ways it can unfold in a game, I’m still figuring that out, but I have divided them into their own features that can be disabled-enabled so you can evolve your skills while progressing through a game

4 Likes

Yeah, that particular bit of code was written very early in the development cycle. Already planned on redoing how that functionality works, but it’s more-or-less on the “fix it when I feel like fixing it” list. Thanks though!

1 Like

Some Roblox File Icons for anyone that wants to make their File Explorer look as spiffy as possible :slight_smile:
Icons_rblx

All eight Icons are available for download here!

35 Likes

That’s amazing. I’ve got a Roblox folder on my Google Drive which contains different project folders. This will look great!

3 Likes