What are you working on currently? (2020)

Working on a Open World/Exploration set in a desert!
Literally just started working on this today
About 620 parts for this pipeline and 620 welds for the individual sections of piping

42 Likes

So I just finished my first rendered scene :smiley:

New render cause other one is kinda dark and hard to see on mobile:

97 Likes

Kaboom!

88 Likes

One of my favorite guns from bf1

100 Likes

Currently, I am trying to use my skillset to make a nice, new 2 player tycoon. 2019 was easily one of my biggest years on Roblox with the release of my first game “Headbutt Simulator”. Although it did not go too well, I learned so much from that game. Now I am putting my newly found skills and creating a polished tycoon. This time I wanted to work with someone else so I found @LuciferVonhart, a very talented builder, to work with me.

In all my life scripting on Roblox I never attempted to make weapons as these feared me. The amount of time and work you have to put into the weapons to make sure they aren’t exploitable, laggy, and work good is astounding. But I know that if I don’t tackle this I will never get better at it. This game is going to challenge my weapon scripting skills, and so far I’ve learned so much about scripting weapons; specifically projectiles.

The tycoon will consist of wands, swords, bows, and armor. It will also have intractable features, and some unique traits that most other tycoons don’t have.

Here are few pictures of @LuciferVonhart’s builds for the game.

I hope to expand my scripting skills even more this year and release a few different games(And hopefully get invited to this year’s RDC).

57 Likes

Getting back to working on an infinite procedural terrain world after leaving it for a few months. It places the “objects” such as trees and flowers in its own grown material. My current goal is to provide near realistic scenery with the use of only code.

116 Likes

Is this generated via heightmap, or 3D perlin noise?

4 Likes

It uses perlin noise to generate the terrain and there are separate layers that give different results such as mountain layers, water layers and etc.

8 Likes

Perlin noise can be 3D or 2D. But which one is it?

8 Likes

A small project I completed in Blender. I know isn’t much of an actual scene, as it is just a cannon, but I’m a beginner to 3D modelling and I didn’t follow any tutorials to create this object, so it was a challenge. I even imported this as a mesh into ROBLOX and scripted a little cannonball system. I rendered this with Cycles render. I sampled the first image with a higher sampling rate (512/pixel) than the second (64/pixel), but I don’t see much of a difference in quality. Please post your thoughts and critiques about the cannon.

If you want to see the game I used this mesh in as a test (not that interesting at the moment, but cannon looks cool in-game), you can see it here: Cannon Test - Roblox

Thank you for viewing my post, please reply to this with any thoughts and or critiques.

33 Likes

My bad about that. The perlin noise is 2D.

4 Likes

ngl… you should make a horror game with this.

5 Likes

I picked up an old broken foot planting script from the toolbox and refurbished it. features fully replicated waist bend, replicated foot planting and of course running.

https://gyazo.com/072bc90b5ea4438fa0bf0001129d86c8
https://gyazo.com/f59a94a9b904f8cad7342888769b72c2
(bug)
https://gyazo.com/db58350db52fa46d173f5e7c1b777672

Also, i made a reel demo video very recently to show my work in 2019

65 Likes

GFX’s.

8 Likes

Just built a nice and comfy leather chair today! Took me about an hour or two, I’m not good at tracking time just from using my brain.

This is actually a recreation of my Ikea leather chair that I own at home, which is very nice and comfy, and spins! It’s also large enough for my long legs (that reach everywhere) to fit comfortably.

Edit: I’ve just rigged it up with constraints today! Thanks @Veldaren for suggesting I use them! Another person on the DevForum Discord suggested that I make the chair legs a little bit thinner, and i did! Also added some wheels at the bottom.
The chair can now spin!
https://streamable.com/orf02

Used some beveled brick meshes of my own to make the comfy “leather” on the chair.

29 Likes

Rig it up with Constraints then :wink:

8 Likes

when you run into your best friend in public

mk, one sec.

donezo, is there a monster in the dark coming after you? Maybe :wink:
it’s VR exclusive btw, soo… i hope you have a headset
“maybe”

18 Likes

So I saw a tweet by zomebody showing off his new dialog system, so I made something like it!

Zomebody’s tweet:

My version of it:

6 Likes

128 Likes

Damn that is cool fr, is that for your project or for fun?

6 Likes