What are you working on currently? (2020)

I just made new music and I kinda like it
I don’t know what to name this

6 Likes

Some things:

1. Do not work with high poly when you should be blocking out the car.
  2. Do not connect everything it’s alright for some things to be floaters. It creates unnecessary geometry that you do not need and creates necessary pinching.
  3. Show topology in your breakdowns so we can critique you more, because “oh it looks good” or “oh it looks bad” isn’t gonna make you better.

I’ve circled places with bad pinching that could be fixed by using floaters or blocking out BEFORE you use support loops and create your high poly.
5 Likes

Used techniques learnt this year in my Game Design course at uni to make better 3D clothes! Used 3DS max to make the shirt model (basically exported the roblox figure, duplicated the parts then made them slightly bigger and added holes, then unwrapped them) and took the model into 3D-Coat and painted this. The graphic was a placeholder for a proper varsity font in Photoshop:

9 Likes

Map lobby for Minery which was implemented in the recent Egg Hunt 2020 update!!

34 Likes

Made a screen transition! (Slowed down to show display, can be sped up.)

Ingame speed:

7 Likes

- The main bodys topology

Also the high poly was just for show, I wasn’t using it the whole time and I can turn the subdivision on and off to check what it looks like

Thanks for the tip about not connecting everything, I do that to make sure the subdivision doesn’t create any weird glitchy parts

Also im not too sure as to what you meant by

4 Likes

I am working on a game on Roblox called “Video Knowledge” that is coming soon! Its like netflix but instead it has 3 minute Roblox story animations. I am waiting for the Video Feature to come out to complete this game.

Game Link: Roblox Video Feature - Testing - Roblox

Here is a not finished version of it, please reply saying what stories you would like and what I should add:

5 Likes

Working on scripting and animations, trying to broaden my horizons to different skills. Hopefully I can get a good game out within this year.

3 Likes

My latest update to the Left 2 Die rehaul has been the addition of a console system. Currently you are able to bind and unbind keys and UserInputTypes to a variety of actions. As well as a reset to default command. In the future I’d like to work on more complex commands to do things the source engine has.

6 Likes

Pretty much finished the transition!

(As a fun bonus, here it is with the 60’s Batman fanfare.)

10 Likes

My team and I have been grinding away on our wild west game for the egg hunt and just a general update/rework.

We reworked the entire map, and added a couple new biomes as an expansion to it. We’re now 3/4ths of the way done, with the last being the large desert+canyons region - still locked.

We’re pretty proud of it so far :slight_smile: The game is finally starting to come together , and now we’ll be focusing on optimizations and turning it into an actual game and less of a pointless PVP shooter with exploration and limited roleplay elements.

Here are some cool screenshots I took showing some of the stuff we just worked on

25 Likes

Been trying to learn some blender rigging/bones and animation:
https://gyazo.com/2f4d60a7a70c9f6aa31a3489b966b2cc

https://streamable.com/nvfzay

18 Likes

I didn’t make the car, don’t like this thinking that I made the car, this is a reply

Your topology looks very dense for what should be the beginning stages of a car. With this complex geometry, it will be hard to manipulate faces in a smooth way. I will attach an image showing you what is ideal.

I found this image showing ideal topology minus the support loops.

A “blockout” is a common term in the 3D modeling pipeline. In a blockout, you make a more or less low poly representation of your final product and refine from there. In my experience and a lot of other people’s, art is a series of waves of refinements and tweaking. You can’t go full detail like you are now with this dense geometry, it will make your high poly mesh unusable.

Don’t be afraid of restarting to fix your topology, especially because this is one of your first cars. Unless this is for a project, I think that that would benefit you the most because it will be very hard to fix this topology manually.

Here is one of my favorite videos that got me into car modelling:

This guy goes into super depth and explains every step of the process, and he goes very slow. I really hope that you consider what I said.

20 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply it’ll definitely help me in my work from now on, especially the blockout idea.

For this car I will finish it off keeping the tips in mind and try to maintain a lower polygon/triangle count by dissolving/deleting some of them but for my next car I will use the blockout method

Honestly with the limited amount of tutorials and videos on cinema 4d modelling/ techniques it’s hard to know what I am doing right or wrong

2 Likes

Yeah but it won’t be a dropper. It will be more like retail tycoon where there are NPC’s interacting and generating income.

1 Like

I was working on my upcoming new VR game’s terrain, then realized the terrain looked like Johnny Bravo (Or Josuke) from on top…Such a weird coincidence.

6 Likes

Me and my team is working on a Dungeon Crawler game, We still need a scripter so if you are one please reply.

The game: Dungeon Masters - Testing Server - Roblox

Wow this looks really great what do you call this art style of yours?

I got VR physics based head and camera movement in roomscale. It uses align positions and align orientations to move the camera with physics. This is probably how Boneworks does their camera movement(with some major changes for a actual body.

4 Likes

I love how the Car Drives better than Jailbreaks Car, Madcity, better than EVERYTHING! Ngl!

1 Like