What are you working on currently? (2020)

Multiply the result be a certain number to make it bigger. (Like amplitude, and a sine wave)

7 Likes

i don’t see why you’d need a sine wave, perlin noise is smooth by default.
I’d suggesting adding 1, and multiplying by whatever you want the max height to be.

3 Likes

Camera shake during explosions, the ability to blow up other people’s explosives, and explosions causing other explosions :smiley:

88 Likes

I made a revamp to the original Welcome to the Town of Robloxi using an old, but well dated build from 2016. Link Below:

6 Likes

What is this going to be called when it releases, and is there a testing place right now?

6 Likes

Hello, I am DaffyDavinko. I was browsing the Unity asset store and I saw an Low-Poly Restaurant Interior that looked nice, and I wanted to train my building skills, since is my first proper build that I didn’t rush just for test. Soo yeah, feedback is appreciated.

The Build:

What I saw:

78 Likes

This would be great for Hackathon!

5 Likes

The arms going all over the screen seems a bit too wacky to me.
I think it would be more fitting if they stayed relatively in the same place once the screen shakes.

4 Likes

One of my friends suggested that I should try making a roleplaying game, so I decided to make a 1 week project that tries to recreate habbo hotel in roblox

In the span of 1 week I got:

• A pathfinding system, player collisions disabled for now
  • Camera system that works pretty similar to the original, you can also invert it’s controls and press a button to return to spawn if you get lost in the middle of the void
  • Permissions and Interactions system, every object has a “PermissionLevel” that changes which people can interact with it
    Interactable example
  • Building system, you can build almost everywhere (with the exception of where players are on top, stairs and max stack)
  • Stacking system, you can stack up to 5 objects every tile! (if every object accepts that they can be stacked and can stack other objects)
Say hello to the table tower, this is what happens when you allow 100 object stacking.

Table Tower

This almost a week old project has received some good feedback from my friends,so I might think of making this an official game, it currently does not have a name,so if you have any name suggestions, please send them. :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

For Blox, I decided to undo my work on a custom lighting system due to some fundamental issues with performance - I have to redesign a lot of other systems as a result, but on the bright side I can properly take advantage of shadow mapped lighting now!

I also took the time to port the touch controller from Blox Classic, so here’s Blox running on my phone!

edit: managed to find the same place on PC, have a high-res screenshot!

78 Likes

I am attempting to create a plugin that somehow makes the game look like it has ray-tracing. Not exactly going well.

10 Likes
from PIL import Image
img = Image.new('RGB', (2000, 2000), color=(255, 255, 255))
img.save('image.png')

I am planning on using Visual Studio to render a mini-map for my game-in-development…

I plan on raycasting downwards onto the map in Roblox Studio every few studs for a 2000x2000 resolution map and then save the Hit.Parent’s color into a table.

Once I have a list of RGB values, I can then go into Visual Studio and construct a .png file from scratch by inputting the RGB values for each individual pixel.

Updates:

I will try to fix the blurriness by using another resampling filter instead of using the default bicubic filter…

Much better :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

I’ve started working on a sort of tribute to Daxter33’s old paintball game I used to love and play back in like 2013.

I used some basic IK for third person animations, hooke’s law for viewmodel sway, and a some code I found from edenojack to create decals that go around corners.

81 Likes

please please PLEASE finish this. His game was so good, and your recreation looks like it will be just as sweet.

16 Likes

I am still working on my current game (now named Rodblogan Warfare due to the expanse in planned content). However, there’s more. New weapons and items (as well as other content) will grace the face of the game. In fact, here’s one that already has:PPSh-41
The animation above is the inspect animation for the gun (part of it). It might get revisions in the future regarding the other portion, but I am definitely proud of this one.

7 Likes

Cruise ship thing [VERY WIP]

and a quick little food court I made (yes I know the text looks weird)

14 Likes

Acid gun thing

142 Likes

I’m back in the beat.

38 Likes

I’m currently trying to figure out how make a well functioning Simon Says game, and this forum has helped me a lot with it since I’m almost done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea what I’ll use these for, but atleast they look cool

63 Likes