What are you working on currently? (2021)

On a serious note this looks very well made and the final product looks like it will be something good, keep it up.

15 Likes

I’m focusing on creating a space-themed space-craft battle game. I’ll also be hoping to get better at effects and coding!

Been working on learning ray tracing algorithms over the past few months and I think I just got importance sampling working.

Algorithm stats:
I implemented a PBR lighting model with Cook Torrance GGX for the BRDF. There is only a single directional light in the ray traced scene for the sky light, and the surfaces were just shaded with 1 sample directly along the surface normals. The image was rendered onto a 250x250 grid of 1 pixel Frames. Using Frames isn’t very performant at all, but there isn’t a canvas object so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I’m pretty sure there’s a better way to do surface lighting, but this is close enough for my needs for now, and it’s pretty performant. I’ll probably look into it later though.

Source image from studio:

Ray traced using ray casting (incredibly slow, but it’s a proof of concept so doesn’t need to be fast)

Bugged random microfacet normal sampling:

Working random microfacet normal sampling:

These images were drawn with 10 random samples per pixel and a bounce recursion depth of 1 allowed. Now that it’s working I’ll probably move on to finding more ways to make the image converge faster so less samples are required.

15 Likes

I’m working on a big update on Miles_1king’s Reactor Core 2!

See it the coming soon here :

See the previous update :

Topic :

Alpha 0.12 is out now, I’m working at 0.13, there where core status bug all the time.

5 Likes

Finished a banner for my portfolio,done in photopea and blender.

7 Likes

Payment banner for my portfolio

9 Likes

That reminds me of Neji’s death. Great job I love it!

1 Like

Please no spoilers I am not very far into shippuden

2 Likes

unknown (3)

27 Likes

Another Banner for my portfolio

6 Likes

Working on an underwater obby. These are some low poly anglerfish I made.

17 Likes

Im so dumb i forgot to anchor LOL

I’m gonna save it tho bc I love it

btw it’s fixed now

1 Like

Reminds of of the system in unrailed!
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.22.38 AM

The player on the right is partially covered, so it outlines!

4 Likes

Do you have the place public? Would love to go there

balisong knife made in studio

a

18 Likes

More Banners.]

6 Likes

You know too much. o.O

1 Like

Chat system #2

11 Likes

oh god not the dummy : (

whoa ngl it looks really cool. Tho it does look really bright so maybe its better if u tone down the light a bit. But other than that really cool :slight_smile:

1 Like