What are you working on currently? (2021)

About the game: This game is based off a 90s movie named “Cube” and I just thought it would be fun to create this in Roblox. The concept is a player starts off in a weird lab where they are forced to complete experiments (death mazes). Each maze is suppose to resemble a giant “Cube” made up of smaller cubes (rooms) and the player starts somewhere inside one of these cube rooms and has to move through the different rooms, some trapped, to find the way out. The way out (exit room) in connected by a “Bridge”… These rooms also rotate around at different intervals… making it difficult to survive… Its suppose to be hard to get to the exit and escape because that’s the main (only) achievement and I want to make badges for escaping different cube mazes… (I plan on making different designs of mazes for example. epic ones, race ones, spiral ones, speed runs, etc…)

Is this concept hard to understand? Or is the in game tutorial enough to get the player started?
… I kinda want the players to have a shroud of mystery and discover as its suppose to be a creepy horror/mystery genre.

I plan on expanding the main lobby, I’m not sure if its my scripting or im pushing roblox’s potential with too many moving parts but the lobby was getting laggy and im probably going to do it in multiple instances… Eventually…

13 Likes

:eyes:

8 Likes

No 3090 logo 0/10

Jokes aside. I like the build. Keep it up.

Looks clean! Is that an autocombo or more complex?

Im working on a island game, its inspired off of dollhouse roleplay

3 Likes

Just completed a custom proximity prompt for my upcoming game!

6 Likes

I just wanted to do something different rather than developing a game, I decided to make a working Apple IIc clone:

[Edit] I finished the monitor:

Last part: Scripting the computer!

21 Likes

A project I’ve been working on for some time! This is a Japanese “Yari”, a spear with an unconventional “Jumonji” spearhead resembling a trident. Like the Katana and most other bladed Japanese weapons, it is part of a group of traditional Japanese weapons known as “Nihonto”.

Most Yaris usually don’t have a prominent Hamon temper line, but I decided to model one in for fun! Also because some yari spearheads were forged in the same way Japanese katanas were.

Here’s a close-up on the hamon pattern:

10 Likes

I love this.

Now make one of those demons with that animation.

And the rest of Week 4 while your at it.

Just kidding, but this is cool. Nice work lol.

1 Like

Too many lights, use Triangle Treatment to fix it!

What do you mean by triangle treatment?

Enlighten me master builder.

I finished up my first game, Arcade Life. If you wanna check it out, you can find it here

In other news, I’m still working on a new project based around a procedurally generated world.

Got a basic camera set up to allow for free traversal of the map. Working on implementing a way to track the edges of chunks and allow the player to unlock new areas of the map. After that, it’ll be time to add some basic structures and allow the player to actually build on the world.

16 Likes

Looks great!
You should add numbers and buttons to the keys to make it more realistic. 9/10

1 Like

Single M1s per hit :slight_smile: with animation blending for all anims being playing on the humanoid with priority management to distribute weight rolls for each track

Roblox default animate script has a bare bones example of the blending.

That’s why the animations look so smoothly keyframe mapped :slight_smile:

Heres m1 + m2 x2 chain that is followed by required dash attempt

12 Likes

Damn, you did a really great job with that! Do you have a server or any way for me to keep updated on the progress cuz I would definitely play that.

2 Likes

There’s a group link on my portfolio Hook Studio, where u can find the community link. Although its not an official title expected for release due to lack of environment assets to complete. I do sneak progress of the system there.

Much love for the appreciation! I spent a lot of time cleaning up nitty gritty details that through this movement off even the slightest haha. Still working on more changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

My friend @PandaPixelator Has just started making clothing. He doesn’t have an dev forum account but wanted an expert opinion so I posted this here so I can know what y’all think.

Striped Dinner Jacket Striped Dinner Jacket Gold

You can find his item’s at this link LeCourt Couture - Roblox

4 Likes

Looks good, Although I’m seeing noticeable seems on the first one on the inside

1 Like

added stat trackers in the top right of the loading screen

going pretty well rn

11 Likes

Starting to get better at modelling so I tried to recreate my gaming PC with beginner skills. (1963 tris because I really like the bevel tool)

14 Likes