What are you working on currently? (2021)

Sorry, I didn’t notice that. How did you do it?

Carful positioning of 65 individual light sources. Not ideal for games or showcases because of the way Roblox optimized lights sources (this is also the reason why the shadows update so slow). This was just a demonstration of realistic shadows and Global Illumination within the Roblox engine.

1 Like

Uh some stuff for a vibe game I was hired for

41 Likes

Been busy, recently but manage to build a few houses similar to the lighthouse I made.

I made some different type of designs ones, I know they need some improvements, but I’m just thinking about what it needs to be worked on, something doesn’t feel right about this.

I know materials adding would be suitable, but again the details for the light part will go away. It wasn’t much appealing for the lighthouse I did with materials, which was removed then.

(If you want to check that one out, scroll up a bit you’ll see it.)

I’ll probably be making some more after I figure out what’s wrong with it, then I’ll focus on making a shop.

3 Likes

Just finished working on a low-poly/cartoony styled tree, and I figured I should share it with you guys. Hope you guys like it! :smiley:

Note: The leaves were made in Blender, but the trunk and branches were made in Studio. :wink:

Portfolio: JayR | Mid Poly Builder

Edit: A friend of mine told me that the leaves are a bit too “messy.” I honestly think they’re fine, but I figured I’d start a poll here (see below). I’d really appreciate it you guys shared your thoughts with me. Thanks in advance!

Are the leaves too messy?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

7 Likes

If any of you remember my last post on the game I was making, I’m deciding to ditch it in order to hone in on my building and modelling skills, mostly building.

(the photo above pls dm me or reply with suggestions on what to put in im out of ideas on what to put :weary:)

I have other stuff, just I thought this was finished enough to put here.

18 Likes

Suggestion:

You could probably make a “picture frame” or make a small plant and put it here

and for this area

you can make a wrench/ a toolbox since I assume that area is a “crafting” area

3 Likes

Updated :european_castle: :snowflake:

38 Likes

Currently I’m working on a 1980’s era East German game and my primary showcase.

9 Likes

Here is the final result.

20 Likes

creating some terrain

26 Likes

18 Likes

(posted this on twitter but the resolution on the pic was kinda poo so im posting it here as well)

This is a WIP untextured custom “Dragon” Katana with a heavily customized Kikusui hamon temper line. I originally wanted to just use it as it is but due to the insane tri count that accompanies what is probably my most “Detailed” attempt at a weapon’s hamon line, I’m probably just going to bake it after I texture this guy.

I have not modeled a sheath (saya) for it, nor have I added a proper pommel (Kashira). I also haven’t added a Handguard (Tsuba) yet.

edit: my devforum picture uploading thing keeps glitching out

14 Likes

unknown-290 unknown-361

25 Likes

Made an animation. Started working on this back in February and I finally got to finishing it.

37 Likes

The animation is really funny but some animations are chunky and robotic. I love it overall! (humorous.)

1 Like

May I ask what you used to animate this? I really enjoyed it by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I used Roblox Studio and the Moon Animation Suite plugin to animate this. (Thinking about releasing a tutorial on how to do this.)

3 Likes

Really nice animation with a really nice plot! I like the attention to detail (such as the yellow person stretching) and the little subtle hand gestures! This really gave me a good laugh, I hope you can make more of these animations! (also your voice acting or whoever did it was great)

2 Likes

just some railgun gameplay, showing centered railgun

11 Likes