What are you working on currently? (2021)

getting somewhere

28 Likes

This gives me flashbacks to Navy bootcamp where we had to deal with this “wonderful” firearm.

STOP STOOOOP, please, roblox is cursed enough (and nice job btw lmao)

in my opinion, it just looks like you slapped a background on it and used a pink hue and a bit low effort, the camera isnt centered on the character so there is a big abundance of not very helpful grass. The camera positioning also effects the sky where it looks like it doesn’t belong there. The pink hue you added is also very strong and dare I say, useless. In my opinion, you should have approached it like this. I remastered your edited version into a less intense gfx.

10 Likes

Made some layer cholths!

4 Likes

I think it looks great. And it’s quite rude to say it was low effort It took me three whole days and in total about 10 hours of actually working and I can say I’ve seen much worse.

The over the top thing is exactly what I was going for to be honest, but personal preference I guess.

I don’t disagree with the sky but I am still learning. However I used a composition guide in blender that shows you where the center of the image is and I place my character exactly there,but of there is an issue I will try my hardest to correct it next time :+1:

Also I don’t really see how yours changes it for the better. It just looks a bit blurry. But again personal preference and it does take a less fanatical version on it and I can see why you don’t like the pink version I made.

I will certainly take on the rest of your criticism though and use it to improve my GFX more next time though! So thanks for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please think about your wording next time though as it may come across as very rude and condescending, your criticism is helpful though and will only help me get better, but try to say it a bit nicer as I put lots of time and effort into this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am sorry that the low effort criticism came off as rude, i only meant it looked, though I am sure you put lots of work into your gfxs, and I agree, much worse have been seen.

From my version to yours, yours it a tad too bright for one to see properly, and when you say it is blurry, that was a special effect, if you look closely you can see is called Chromatic Aberration, its a glitch type effect that is useful and fun, you should check it out in the future with your gfxs.

3 Likes

swap the play and chat buttons

Working on some automatic doors I’ll post in #resources:community-resources once they’re done.

doors gif

For anyone interested in how they work, I used invisible ProximityPrompts instead of distance checks. The results are sent to the server, then back to the clients through an IntValue. The client then animates the doors, making the animations super smooth.

22 Likes

Lets just say, a ton of stuff.

2 Likes

Not really sure what I’m planning on turning this into. Perhaps some sort of fancy entryway? Lighting is still pretty bad. I was working on it but thought I’d share the detail right now. I’m pretty proud of this piece despite me not having a plan. Maybe I’ll sell it?

5 Likes

Wow! Really impressive. What kind of lighting effects are present in the 6th attachment? That’s the kind of lighting I’ve been looking to achieve but I haven’t quite found the right settings to be successful.

Soon :wink:

21 Likes

I made a tree ~ :heart:
Its not the best but I’m happy with it : )

39 Likes

11 Likes

Wacky build animation

36 Likes

Do you think you’ll ever do a Miami, FL showcase?

Did you use [Beams]
(Beams | Roblox Creator Documentation) to make the light look like is was coming out of the lamp and turned FaceCamera property on?

1 Like

Yes it utilizes Beams and the FaceCamera property.

1 Like

How did you manage to do that?!