What are you working on currently? (2021)

i ame alot of changes on my game called “land of hood” well now i changed the story,game icon and the thumbnails
the land of hood was really like nahh so i came with “better dayz”, the visual part will be not serious but the story will be serious as hell man im tellin you but i cant tell ya rn cuz the story still “makes no sence” so i need to edit it lil bit y’know

6 Likes

Getting closer to closed testing

25 Likes

Made this interesting lighting effect.

Heres a place file, for those who want to know how I did it:

Lighting effect.rbxl (74.4 KB)

It will probably crash studio if you try to do this on a slow computer (It crashed mine).

5 Likes

Is that just a lot of stacked parts? If so, I’d use a beam instead to get the same effect while keeping it optimized.

Yeah, but it has light rays, and shadows. You wouldn’t be able to achieve this effect very well with beams because beams can overlap and go right through objects, while this effect won’t overlap anything, and if there is an object in the way, the effect will be properly occluded.

Issues will also arise when you have beams of totally different color overlapping each other.

1 Like

Currently updating my first Build!
That’s the Build;

15 Likes

Happy 1 day of Fall everyone!

As an honor of Fall I and my friends are making our dco Halloween theme!
Capture pumpkin

(1) Happy’s Difficulty Chart - Roblox

4 Likes

Small '30s race car: The Juggernaut

15 Likes

hahahah, I forgot the toobies that he has

9 Likes

Some changes to it.

12 Likes

In the last few weeks I also implemented zone server management (with a locking mechanism to prevent creating tons of servers with 1 player each), save locking with a progress gui, and a mechanism for displaying unique loading screens when teleporting to each zone.

I’m also developing a plugin for editing instances/cells/zones within the MMO’s world. The lists use a custom scroll window that allows scrolling many thousands of objects without lag (and without worrying about UDim offset overflow.)

I can compile the plugins the same way I compile the place before publishing, so it will benefit from optimizations like inter-module inlining and constant folding. They should perform great and provide a smooth workflow for level designers I hope to hire in the future. The compile process also strips unused modules, so I can lend the tools to contractors without needing to entrust them with the entire codebase.

It uses a custom binary format that can support 100K+ objects. It stores objects inside chunks as strings, so it’s able to load only nearby models to prevent lag when working within an extremely detailed world. All objects are instanced from a prototype so it’s easy to make changes to a model after using it.

I still need to implement a custom selection system, custom draggers, custom rotation handles, etc., and make it easy to drag objects into the scene from the asset list. The binary format already supports data changes along with undo/redo. When a chunk changes it reads through the binary data and updates the corresponding objects.

The tools are the same as this post. I designed the map system so it could support a massive detailed world without lagging, but I learned the hard way that zones are important to allow for niche social experiences that would otherwise be abandoned in a seamless world.

31 Likes

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I posted here.

I recently finished up a commission of the Ariake Arena based on the real-life venue in Japan. It was used for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games.

The total time taken was 5-6 hours. It took longer than usual because I was replicating a real-life venue. There are a bit of inaccuracies like the seating plan and the stand steepness, but I overall like the finished product

18 Likes

I’m not sure if this will be interesting to anybody but me, but I’m currently taking a short break from my snake game to avoid burnout, and decided to teach myself how to play No limit Texas hold’em poker. I couldn’t find any decent free tools to help with learning ranges, so I decided to make my own.

Features include:

• Create custom ranges using an interactive range grid
  • Practice against a range or selection of ranges
  • If you make a mistake, that same range and hand will be repeated a few times randomly in the medium term
  • Random hole cards have a 70% chance to be drawn from near the edge of the chosen range (I’ve found this speeds up learning)
  • Option to hide hole cards after 1.5 seconds to practice hole card memorization

I only made this for personal use obviously, but I really like how it’s turning out. I’ll be adding more features to it as I progress with my learning.

10 Likes

Making a low poly awp

9 Likes

idk but u can make a block, edit polygons, make deform with noise and make it for 30-60 min, but its really good, i like it

u just make the table in roblox studio and it make this? it’s amazing man.

I know this is really late, not sure why I didn’t reply back when you first asked. How I did it was I used something called binary space partitioning (it sound super complicated, but it really isn’t). How it works is it randomly splits a rectangle into two pieces, then splits those rectangles, and so on for a certain number of times.

Here’s a picture of it I found on google (notice how each rectangle splits into two rectangles each time):

6 Likes

I made a Radio component!

I’m also trying to post more pictures of the code. Like here: (This was all the code necessary for the above video)

Made with Fusion

7 Likes

Doing a nightclub commission, so I’ve launched some posts to grab feedback.

8 Likes

Finally finished after 4 months,
|

Link to the game: floaty sky thing, maybe
My Twitter: Aerophagia | Aerophagia16

76 Likes