What are you working on currently? (2021)

Not at all current! But…

On 10th October 2020.

12 Likes

I am currently working on a desert map :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Oh my god that is so awesome! Did you use Blender to make the trees/ledges?

just finished up the item shop

very gud handwriting

12 Likes

For the Emperor again

it can also be driven

9 Likes

Have you been starting on the combat?? This already looks really good with the animations and such. If you have or have not started what type of thing will use to detect touches and stuff (raycasting/region3/magnitude/or other)??

“No Ordinary Camera” inspiration

40 Likes

Near the end of Summer I began working on an RPG that has a top-down perspective and a destructable world made out of tiles.

I stopped developing it several months ago because:

• School started, and school is more important than making a game
  • I had no idea how to optimize a map, hence the gray screen with the white player indicator. I was not going to finish the game unless I had an easier way to tell players where to go.

Please… if you know how to optimize UI maps please tell me. I’m wondering if I should remove the map and minimap altogether and instead use a compass. :cry:

I leave a lot of things unfinished, but, unless I have a better idea, I probably won’t forget about this one.

…okay, maybe I should finish that swordfighter AI. No promises.

7 Likes

Sigs for robloxvr

2 Likes

yes I’ve actually been starting it this weekend, mostly brainstorming and continuing to build up / add to my framework

I’ve just finished animating the unarmed moveset and starting to implement it into the game. each moveset is about 12 animations (light attacks, heavy attacks, aerials, etc)

I’m aiming to get really smooth, instant, and combo-friendly combat, with a high skill ceiling for more skilled players to keep improving

I’m mixing elements of different games with my own ideas, for example this game will have blocking, aerial spot dodging, perfect blocks, and parrying

As far as hit detection goes I’m going to be using a mixture of things, but RaycastHitbox will be the most used one since it’s by far the most accurate. For some moves though, if I have to, I’ll definitely sacrifice accuracy to accomplish something that feels better, because in the end thats what matters most to the player

Random shiny for my game. (it does not roll yet)

21 Likes

No offence and all, but those humans look horrifying. Though I couldn’t create something like that.

4 Likes

This is my first GFX.

4 Likes

This is her second form, and her armor’s first form (aka placeholder). She will probably undergo one more overhaul before I launch, as I prepare several character options (and armor choices) for the players, but the 3:1 chibi humans that blink will stay. Meanwhile, I’m honing my skills!

:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what I was expecting… but I wasn’t expecting that. Great job!

Adding more artworks to my portfolio

32 Likes

(Regarding my Tachi (top picture) lol)

I am still in the process of REVAMPING my old Tachi model so it is more optimized and better suited for use as a showcase model in a portfolio!

The first one I’ll be optimizing and texturing will probably be this one here based on a more modern reiteration (Early-ish Edo period?).

(Edit: Wrong wording)

12 Likes

thanks, yes I use Blender for all Objekts :slight_smile:

That looks insane! I’m a modeler myself and I haven’t been able to model detailed things like that!

Good job my friend, you’ll be an amazing modeler for the community one day!

I have made tons of hit systems during this year but I feel like you should also have a variety of systems since you can determine which one is the best for you because sometimes raycast or not it. But if you need help just ask me since I have worked with region3,raycasts,.touched,magnitude and many more!