What are you working on currently? (2022)

Yesterday, I decided to take some time off working on my current projects to see if sprite sheets could be used on Roblox in place of using separate images. Lo and behold, it is totally possible.

After I figured it out, I spent the whole day making a basic Sonic prototype.

I don’t know if I’ll be making this into a full game or not, but I am definitely going to be using sprite sheets in the future.

Edit: After some consideration, I’ve decided that this will be turned into a full game sometime in the future.

32 Likes

Medieval House

Blender images

On roblox

18 Likes

Can you make this into a script, model, or turtoial?

1 Like

My first raycasting demo fell apart the moment I added movement controls, so I remade it from scratch:

Hopefully this one works better.

Update: It works! It’s somewhat unstable, but it actually works!

12 Likes

I see you’ve watched the most recent installment if the backrooms.

6 Likes

I would make a tutorial, but this sort of thing has already been documented pretty well (way better than what I could do anyway). Just search around for how to use sprite sheets, you’ll be on the right path. There’s also a ton of modules that automate the process, like SpriteClip.

But I can give you a word of warning: Roblox has a maximum image size of 1024x1024, any higher and Roblox will downscale the image to meet that limit. This can significantly impact how sprite sheets look, so it’s best to work within those size limits.

1 Like

Managed to figure out wall textures surprisingly quickly.

12 Likes

Tomorrow I’m going to experiment more with flowers in substance painter (If I’m not too lazy, that is)

Hotbar-UI

Today, I made a quick Hotbar UI!
I will definitely be releasing this to the community soon, just needs some animating and touch-ups! (Tool icons go in the circles)

Feel free to check out all my waywoc posts, all in one topic!

All of TrulyChxse’s Waywoc 2022 posts so far! (Updated Regularly!)

9 Likes

I would be using 64*64 sprites, so it would be pretty easy to fit all the frames I would need in it (256 frames available.) Also, use this for a full game!

1 Like

Relaxing piece i made a few days ago. Enjoy :smile:

10 Likes

Second Attempt at ELS, 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 SSV (Special Services Vehicle/Version)

(Audio is for uploading it to my social media)

9 Likes

Made a katana from the one piece anime

The blades a bit lazy but i was hitting the tri limit so.

Original post about it:

8 Likes

Upgraded the Cel Shading technique so sunlight doesn’t coat everything in white and blind you.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Indoor shading is also greatly improved as surfaces now retain color when they are lit.
Before:

After:

Game link here:

Here’s a video showing off the previous cel shading lighting if you wanted to see more of how it used to look like:

22 Likes

How are you so talented? Wow, I love your work! Keep on going! You’re doing great Crazed!

2 Likes

New game UI I’m working on

12 Likes

Wow. That’s stunning. Looks very realistic and atmospheric

I finally took it upon myself to learn Blender, this is my 1 week progress:

21 Likes

ohh thank you so much!! i’ve been wanting to compose stuff for a while but i haven’t been able to find a good program that has more than just loops. i’ll give it a try and see if i can make it work, tysm :heart: :heart:

DANG you took 1 week to get that good? I’ve been modeling for a few months (not every day, just on occasion) and my models look trash still. Good job man.

also, I haven’t really watched tutorials or actually studied blender too much so that may be why my models suck

2 Likes

A gfx… scarily on 1 layer

10 Likes