What are you working on currently? (2022)

16 Likes

Finished another big project. Feel free to try it out

4 Likes

A gore system I made for my fighting game. Too gory or not gory enough?

Here is 2 videos of me brutaly murdering dummies (they deserve it).

20 Likes

Guess who has to animate an entire 30 second commercial in 2̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ 1 day… :smiley:

end me

9 Likes

That might be too gory for Roblox. I would:

• Change the blood material to plastic
  • Remove whatever the thing for missing limbs is (bone?)
  • Less blood overall
  • Less particles
  • Change the sounds with something less gross sounding
  • Make the stepping on people less exaggerated
  • And no pieces of people on the ground

You don’t have to do all of these, but remember that Roblox is a platform with kids on it. Kids don’t care if your game is for teens/adults or not, and will play it anyways. Make your game cartoony so it doesn’t count as realistic.

5 Likes

Pathfinding with ladders

Surprisingly simple
pathfinding with ladders.rbxl (46.6 KB)

26 Likes

Do you think this could work with custom ladders? (Ladders that aren’t truss parts but can still be climbed.)

1 Like

Yeah, it just needs to be in a folder and has to have a part showing what parts of the ladder is climbable (the yellow blocks in the video) and need to be oriented correctly.

To stay true to the lore, wouldn’t it be better to use the old logo instead of the new Roblox logo. Your resistance should have the block logo.

Just a thought. Interesting concept :slight_smile:

Those are cylinders. It’s fine if you do that as long as you can turn it off. @CompletedLoop

2 Likes

Just a little tip. You can use metaballs for the clouds next time, Goodluck!

1 Like

29 Likes

Uploading: image.png…

Everything made by me.

20 Likes

Finished this lobby for a new game like a month ago but unfortunately now that I’m looking at it, it looks way too small in my opinion. RIP…

5 Likes

I had a story-driven horror project that I started in 2014 and picked away at over the years but haven’t been able to really flesh out what I’ve wanted for it. I’ve finally settled on what I want this experience to be and hope to release it within 2022. Along with it, I’ve been expanding my knowledge working with VS Code and the CLI. I always thought of the CLI as intimidating but it’s actually nice, easy to use and very powerful when paired up with the right tools!

No in-Roblox screenshots right now but I hope you will accept me writing up my README in VSC as well as some of my repository’s setup. I think that having documentation even for a solo project will help me in the long run practice for more public or larger projects as well as rebound me if I ever forget how to use any of my own code in the future.

Always happy to be learning new things. I think I can safely look at my progress over the years and be a little more confident at how far I’ve come.

Is it overkill for a small indie game? Maybe.

Thanks to the following tools:

VS Extensions:

• Better TOML
  • EditorConfig for VS Code
  • Roblox LSP
  • Rojo
  • Selene
  • StyLua

Command line tools:

• Foreman
  • Moonwave
  • Wally

Other:

• TestEZ
18 Likes

First days into blender:

(still a newbie)

18 Likes

Looks like backrooms, but more depressed. Great work!

Making a open world adventure style driving game.

9 Likes

I modeled and optimized a new car I modeled! You can find it on this post:

Or if you want to check out the bigger picture I have a post that you can follow to get updates when I make progress!

1 Like

I made an ad for lotion that literally makes your skin glow.

Enjoy the Gen Z humor :]

30 Likes