What are you working on currently? (2023)

Working on a driving game based on Geneva, Switzerland
(Unfinished)

7 Likes

thats so freaking cute ! really like the posters on the left and the coffee machines and how they all look different and obviously the food

1 Like

des

7 Likes

Just made a new Twitter post showcasing some houses built by playtesters of my upcoming voxel building game!

Here are some of my favorite builds from my cozy voxel building game built by our community! Discord server in the replies! #roblox #robloxdev #cozygames #indiedev #indiegame pic.twitter.com/o4oFVOFMFu

— SevenPolygons (@SevenPolygons) August 29, 2023
9 Likes

40 Likes

Adapt GUI from my Game to the new Roblox design so that the headbar looks better

New Beta Design:

Current Design:

6 Likes

New rigs for the hit game valour, fully rigged and utilizes caged meshing for the clothing :sunglasses:

12 Likes

My long-awaited car that I have just completed:

Replica of the McLaren MP4/6

12 Likes

Here is the game I am currently working on, Sphere Grabbers! It is a game based off of Ball Grabbers, expect this game has more features. Currently it has 2 gamemodes (with both of them having 1v1 and 2v2, at total 4 gamemodes?) and sadly 2 maps so far, (One for Blocks gamemode, and one for Regular gamemode) the game has both online and offline mode. (You can play the game with up to 4 players from a single device)

The game can be found on the description!

2 Likes

New thumbnail for my game:

4 Likes
27 Likes

Some cool weather effects for my top-down game

8 Likes

Just made a Twitter post showing off some interior builds from my cozy voxel building game! (More pictures in the tweet)

https://twitter.com/SevenPolygons/status/1696885180101755352?s=20

7 Likes

I am currently working on my big project this year :eyes:

:pushpin: This map based on “Real Life” but some part of the Map is not (Called: Camp Aguinaldo Philippines)

4 Likes

I am working on implementing a fairly decent auto exposure effect, assuming there isn’t already a decent one made.

Here’s a video showcasing it:

The performance is not all too great and is what I’m working to improve, and adjusting the exposure is pretty choppy, but I find it works pretty well.

14 Likes

I’m currently working on Hate’s Uprising 2 Remastered on Roblox where I model everything and build everything while my comrades code everything else needed for the game to function.

The game has a good first time experience for the players and has cosmetics for people who are incredibly into the game.

3 Likes

Today (well, I guess “yesterday” at this point), I thought about making another model for Project Magical Mary. This time, it was a thought about the currency used by the city that the “experience” would take place within.

Back in my previous attempt at a video game, I made 3D coins using Magicavoxel, which were shaded by hand (as the “game engine”, GZDoom, didn’t cast shadows across models). Even back then, there were four colors (gold, silver, bronze, and pink/red), each more rare than the last, and were the game’s currency. Here’s how they looked there:

Since my Roblox experience is inspired in some ways by Royale High (as this was one of my earlier ideas, not one of my newer ones that distance it from that popular experience), I wanted to bring back these coins, but as proper meshes. It’s fitting that they had varying rarities back in the GZDoom game, as that could be adapted to work just like Royale High’s different diamond colors. At least here, their values are consistent, and there’s less distinct colors to remember…

The idea is that these coins would randomly spawn in specific areas on the ground, spinning (like diamonds now do at Campus 3, coincidentally). Moving through a coin would give you 1-4 coins, which could be increased using passes. If platforming levels were added, coins would be placed manually around the level, appearing more often than RP areas, but their worth would be greatly decreased here, requiring ten times more coins just to earn one coin.

Alright, enough talking about their planned usage; Let’s look at their newest, detailed design in Roblox:

Now, it’s actually good that I took this long to model the coins, as my quality and overall level of detail have increased since the early months of trying to develop Project Magical Mary. Here’s a close-up of the pink coin, which was recolored to look better with my experience’s color correction.

Each coin has “molded curves” embossed in the outer ring (and engraved both pieces of text on its inner face) and a star at the very middle of the coin. Around the edges, the city’s “slogan”(?) can be seen, “strength through stillness”, along with its name, Peacewater.

Though it doesn’t really hide that it’s decently low-poly, I still think it’s a nice model. I knew I had to go lower than my usual modeling standards, intentionally decreasing the polygon count further than I would ever allow otherwise, because many coins could be visible at once around the city, which would increase the number of polygons that your device would be rendering every frame.

I guess I’ll need to make GFX-like icons for these coins in Blender, for those planned passes, so I assigned the same normal map image used for Roblox to the original, higher-poly model and…it’s beautiful!

5 Likes

tank

15 Likes

Previously I made a post here of some wiring blocks I made.

Now, I’m remaking them. Here are some of them

4 Likes

A small update for my tabletop sandbox game.

Improved dragging a bit!

Added interaction menu for objects on right click

Added a ruler tool that measures studs. Can be helpful in D&Ds to measure the step.

8 Likes