What are you working on currently? (2023)

Yeah, I guess they are pretty long, but when I eat fries, they seem to be this length. (These fries are definitely thicker than their inspiration, though.)

Here’s the large fries container’s size compared to an “adult” character, for a scale comparison.

4 Likes

My attempt at recreating St Pancras International in London.

28 Likes

With the fries out of the way, I’ve returned to working on my experience’s UI/windows. I’m starting to think it’s a bit too complex for just some random Roblox experience, but I’m going to create two OOP-ish classes for windows, the windows themselves (which will standardize their pin and close buttons’ behaviors) and what’s known as a “chain”.

If I explained what that class did, it would take at least a couple paragraphs, so basically… Have you seen how that you can’t click on Roblox Studio once you open its settings dialog? That’s what that class will let my experience imitate.

Tonight, I started working on the “window” class. It’s very incomplete, but it takes a UI instance and resizes the frame and title bar to fit around it. This screenshot doesn’t make it look good, as I’m making it use UI that isn’t compatible with my new style, but I’m going to act like this test was successful.

Also, if you noticed that the :zzz: button is gone, that’s intentional. I originally wanted to include a third button in the title bar which would shrink any window down to a small, slim version of itself at the bottom of your screen, like Windows does when Windows Explorer isn’t running.

I realized that while that feature would be cool if Project Magical Mary was simulating an OS, that isn’t what it’s supposed to be, and it would probably confuse anyone that hasn’t used a computer OS (kids who only would understand touch-based mobile OSes). The pin and close buttons will stay, as they’re mostly self-explanatory, though.

Also, the shadow behind the title bar’s text was removed, since it could be recreated using my TextShadeFX UI element class with its default settings.

4 Likes

I redesign the tram/bus routes on my simulator
Game: Public Transport Simulator (Early Access) - Roblox

11 Likes

Payday 3-inspired door lockpicking system

16 Likes

I am recontinuing my Particle Collider Reactor.

1 Like

Stylized tools instead of weapons for once

10 Likes

i like the length personally if they were shorter they might not fit as well in the style of the game

1 Like

6 Likes

I may or may not have given up on my animation idea :pensive: but, with the death of one idea, comes the birth of another; my goal for 2023 onwards is to learn building so i can eventually model the endurance from interstellar, all within roblox studio (no blender in these parts :cowboy_hat_face:). Obviously i would be starting from scratch learning as I go on but I haven’t really dabbled in building so it’ll be a nice learning experience, ill update as I go on.

2 Likes

Tryna improve my building and scripting skills :smirk:

5 Likes

I’m going back to traffic signals.

5 Likes

car suspension game

I would like to add that building with constraints and doing car engine math was never my thing, I was painfully coerced by someone to do this. I apologize for any inaccuracies with this “simulation” (especially the RPM and auto transmission)

You can check out the game here double wishbone suspension test - Roblox

9 Likes

Non Euclidean Hyperspace Gates?

21 Likes

Today I learned how to make a low poly tree in Blender.

9 Likes

Currently working on my Well of Knowledge UGC concept. I have to texture it and add a few extra decorations, hopefully it will stay just under 4000 tris (3347 current.)

5 Likes

It has been textured, and is available as a scaled up model for anybody to use!

6 Likes

Harbor map (WIP)

7 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes