What are you working on currently? (2023)

Currently working on a procedural Planet texture generator using Icospheres.
Not too sure how I feel about the planets not being perfectly round as of yet…

3 Likes

That is beautiful. The cinematic look is very pleasing. Are there any other tracks you will be making in the future?

that bing AI thing, theres a thread about it

What’s Bing AI? This is ChatGPT.

No, Bing Chat uses GPT 4 and DALL E 2 to generate images.

Bing Chat with GPT-4

About two days ago, I began a new mini-project for my experience, Project Magical Mary… I started to make my first R15 character model, which currently looks like this:

Why am I doing this? Am I secretly an UGC creator , about to submit this to the marketplace? Actually, no (especially after they doubled down on modesty layers and other restrictions that prevent bundles that support classic clothing!

So, what’s the actual reason? Well, let’s just say Roblox tried to kill this platform and everyone rightfully let them know that they were about to make a very bad mistake.

After around two thousand responses, I chimed in with my own realizations about what the policy updates could do to roleplaying games that let you change your character’s body’s shape:

Well, I went ahead and started doing what I said I would, just so my experience can have a future, even if that is a future where all players have the exact same body shape instead of the variety that I was going to allow before this happened.

Roblox guided my hand, making me do something that I probably wouldn’t have done otherwise, so that’s something positive that came from their strange planned changes.

Another good thing is that this reduces the number of body shapes that I’ll need to support for custom clothing, which would work like Royale High’s outfits, but modeled to fit the player’s underlying body instead of hiding then replacing it. (This also allows the player’s 2D/classic clothing to show under their, say, dress, which is impossible in Royale High because their bodices completely replace your torso, for example.)

My custom character model will support classic clothing (in itself limited to my experience, so none of it would be “from the marketplace), but won’t support layered clothing because it takes too much extra work to support, doesn’t deform well most of the time, and can’t be customized much by players (only a single color can be changed using a transparent SurfaceAppearance, which isn’t much compared to Royale High’s up to four parts that players can completely customize the texture or color of).

I’m wondering if I should make this a resource once all 15 of its parts are finished and imported into Roblox Studio, so any developer could freely use it in their experiences after Roblox “drops the bomb” (makes those changes to the policy)… What do you think?

Should I make a post in #resources:community-resources once this model is finished?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

3d renderer/rasterizer with interpolated colors in a triangle
extremely optimized

16 Likes

of course I will, I wanna add stuff like city tracks and even the nurburgring (longest track in the world)

Lately i have been trying to learn how to make GFX’s, and improve my skill. Ik they aren’t great but i thought i would just put them in here :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

i found that old life sim game again and im working on it again

1 Like

Working on 17+ game

Drunk Effect using Colour Correction and Depth of Field

what makes it 17+?

curiosity killed the cat

Not if you have ChatGPT with GPT 4 (cost money)

If your games include alcohol in the questionnaire it must be 17+ rated.

I meant if you use bing ai they use GPT 4 without having to pay for it.

I am currently working on a game called The Defenders Of Pacifica
It is my first time using:

1. Data Stores
  2. Tweens
  3. NPCs
  4. Blender / 3D Editors
  5. Swords
  6. Games other than spleef
  7. First group game (Legario Inc)

Here are some screen shots and videos:

This picture above shows my first Blender trees.

This picture above shows the fog system that changes each night and the gold that saves and other stuff can be seen in the video below (I don’t know how to show videos so it is download).

Btw how do members show videos this shows the current features:
Features in the game so far (8.4 MB)

1 Like

Been working on a new game Autos Very Normal Bar - Roblox

Get ready to step into a world of pure fun and silliness as you enter our one-of-a-kind virtual bar. This isn’t your average watering hole; it’s a riotous playground filled with endless interactive surprises.

As you navigate through this comically exaggerated bar setting, you’ll discover a plethora of interactive elements that will keep you and your fellow players laughing.

I’m thrilled to be a part of this vibrant community. I’m currently in the process of refining my brand, and one of the exciting aspects is my Halloween Icon.
As I embark on this creative journey, I would genuinely value your feedback and any suggestions you might have for further improvements.

To give you a sneak peek into what I’ve been working on, here are some of the icons I’ve crafted:

1 2

I’m open to any ideas and thoughts you may have, so please feel free to share them. Additionally, I’d like to extend an invitation to join our group. By collaborating, we can bring even more creativity and innovation into the gaming world. Your participation would be greatly appreciated!

Grab a virtual drink, join the mayhem, and prepare for a barrel of laughs!

Looking forward to your feedback and the possibility of working together in-game. Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Woah, October Already?

Its spooky season, and that means I am working on my Halloween game “Trick Or Treat” again.

Although I have never really talked about this much publicly before, every year since 2020, I have done some development to my Halloween game “Trick Or Treat”.

Last year, I started work on a sequel, as the original was messy and unoptimized, it also had no tricks, so it was more of a “treating” game. :laughing:

Screenshots

Concept Art for Floor Is Lava Trick

Final Result

If you want more information about this and my other projects, join the Mek Studios’ Discord!

1 Like

Ultimate attack inspired by Counter style from [BULLET] 🥊untitled boxing game🥊 - Roblox

https://gyazo.com/38743407d6c70663daa93e6bf69fd04c
https://gyazo.com/8b489ab5aefb938854e2aaf98ef2ff02
https://gyazo.com/e041ec64fecb4225fcd504b8b98b20af

I have been experimenting with generating structures made entirely from terrain using height maps. I have so far generated several straight-wall mazes and the most recent experiment is a 256x256 circular labyrinth made entirely from brick terrain. The walls vary in height, but that chaotic nature was the exact effect I was going for with the theme of the game.

Here is the labyrinth from above:

And here is a shot showing it at an angle:

4 Likes