What are you working on currently? (2023)

Play Test !

7 Likes

cool fantasy project

12 Likes

I’m looking for feedback on this default cabin tycoon for my survival game, what’s missing, it it good?

please let me know genuinely!

3 Likes

The game looks underrated. I would definitely play a game with a skibidi toilet hoverboard. I suggest using the Bing image creator for icons and thumbnails! I see the leaderboard with you on it so it looks weird.

Thank you! I don’t want to use AI for my game images, but will change icon/thumbnail in the future. Either hire someone or make better screenshots. I personally do like how they look at the moment, it’s just that icon doesn’t standout well in the search.

:angry: I don’t know what I should do next to try to “fix” the VR code in my experience (which works fine in local files and another experience but for whatever reason breaks in the one place I need it to work in, the online game), so I’ve moved on to a quality-of-life change (and a workaround) for my experience.

I’m not a fan of how Roblox handles sitting in most experiences. By default, when your character touches any Seat instance, they’re forced to sit there until they jump or a script makes them stand up. Most of the time, this happens when I don’t actually want to sit down.

Royale High, Welcome to Bloxburg (I think), and other experiences have shown me that requiring the player to press a button or click something to sit is better game design than unexpectedly snapping them to whatever seat they barely touch. (Royale High barely uses ProximityPrompts so it’s not a good example of this, I suppose.)

In my experience, I discovered that PhysicsCharacterController’s sitting breaks when I replaced my body parts with my custom set. To work around this, I added a ClickDetector to the piano seat, which always functioned.

Now, I think it’s time to turn this into my newest TagClass, “ClickableSeat”. Basically, it will work like this:

• Click on a seat (which is usually invisible since Seats are just, basic block parts) and you’ll sit on it. This will only be allowed if the seat’s vacant, but this limitation only applies to players; If an NPC/server script makes someone sit in a seat, they’ll force its current occupant out of the seat first.
  • Leaving a seat is as easy as Roblox’s built-in behavior; Just jump to stand up, as long as the seat isn’t marked as “sticky”, which would keep players from manually leaving it (which is only implemented to future-proof this class).

Here’s screenshots of part of the TagClass’s code, followed by the WIP LocalScript responsible for letting players hop out of seats (which only works because their JumpHeight is set to 0 while using PhysicsCharacterController).

EDIT: Now that the basic, initial implementation is done, my custom R15 character model can sit in the restaurant, as it should be able to.

5 Likes

very wip

14 Likes

After getting a bit of work finished earlier, I had to goof off. EditableImage is going to be announced eventually, so I tried making one draw weird patterns using trigonometric functions. It looks like a corrupted retro video game or something!

If you want to admire the beautiful messes that you can make using this, just set the “EditableImageEnabled” FFlag to true then add this code to a Script in the workspace, which will do the rest. I think I should really make a utility “experience” that lets the user play around with it.

Source code
--[[
	Roblox2Lua
	----------

This code was generated using
	Deluct's Roblox2Lua plugin.
]]--

--// Instances

local part = Instance.new("Part")
part.BottomSurface = Enum.SurfaceType.Smooth
part.BrickColor = BrickColor.new(0.9294118285179138, 0.917647123336792, 0.917647123336792)
part.CFrame = CFrame.fromMatrix(Vector3.new(8, 6.928070068359375, 36.5), Vector3.new(1, 0, 0), Vector3.new(0, 1, 0), Vector3.new(0, 0, 1))
part.Color = Color3.new(0.929412, 0.917647, 0.917647)
part.Material = Enum.Material.SmoothPlastic
part.Size = Vector3.new(20, 20, 1)
part.TopSurface = Enum.SurfaceType.Smooth
part.Anchored = true
part.Name = "GlitchScreen"
part.Parent = workspace

local surface_gui = Instance.new("SurfaceGui")
surface_gui.Brightness = 1.25
surface_gui.CanvasSize = Vector2.new(256, 256)
surface_gui.MaxDistance = 50
surface_gui.ResetOnSpawn = false
surface_gui.ZIndexBehavior = Enum.ZIndexBehavior.Sibling
surface_gui.Parent = part

local image_label = Instance.new("ImageLabel")
image_label.BackgroundColor3 = Color3.new(1, 1, 1)
image_label.BorderColor3 = Color3.new(0, 0, 0)
image_label.BorderSizePixel = 0
image_label.Size = UDim2.new(1, 0, 1, 0)
image_label.Visible = true
image_label.Parent = surface_gui

local editable_image = Instance.new("EditableImage")
editable_image.Size = Vector2.new(256, 256)
editable_image.Parent = image_label

-- ACTUAL SCRIPT CODE STARTS HERE.
local Img = workspace.GlitchScreen.SurfaceGui.ImageLabel.EditableImage
local ops	= { math.sin, math.cos, math.tan, math.asin, math.acos, math.atan, math.sinh, math.cosh, math.tanh }
local trigs	= {
	{
		1,	-- Operation ID
		0,	-- Intensity/speed multiplier
		256,	-- Modulo/limiter
		1,	-- Modulo jitter limit
		4	-- Color jitter limit
	},
	{
	},
	{
	}
}
while true do
	-- Generate three random numbers, which will affect the pattern generated by just messing around with sine! Trigonometry is cool...for now.
	for i = 1, 3 do
		trigs[i][1] = math.random(1,20)	-- Pick a random trigonometry operation ID, which will pull from the "ops" array above.
		trigs[i][2] = math.random() * 0.75
		trigs[i][3] = math.random(1, 256)
		trigs[i][4] = math.max(math.random(-3, 3), 0)
		trigs[i][5] = math.max((math.random() / 2) - 0.5, 0)
	end
	modulusLimit = math.random(32,512)

for i = 1, (64*64)-1 do
		Img:DrawRectangle(
			Vector2.new(math.floor(i%64)*4, math.floor(i/64)*4),
			Vector2.one * 4,
			Color3.new(
				math.clamp(ops[(trigs[1][1] % #ops) + 1](i%trigs[1][3]+math.random(-trigs[1][4],trigs[1][4])) * trigs[1][2] + math.random(-trigs[1][5],trigs[1][5]),0,1),
				math.clamp(ops[(trigs[2][1] % #ops) + 1](i%trigs[2][3]+math.random(-trigs[2][4],trigs[2][4])) * trigs[2][2] + math.random(-trigs[2][5],trigs[2][5]),0,1),
				math.clamp(ops[(trigs[3][1] % #ops) + 1](i%trigs[3][3]+math.random(-trigs[3][4],trigs[3][4])) * trigs[3][2] + math.random(-trigs[3][5],trigs[3][5]),0,1)
			),
		)
	end

wait(3)
end
10 Likes

6 Likes

I am working on a Script Obfuscator using a lua lexer I found.
Heres a script which is equivalent to print(1234567890, "test"):

2 Likes

I am taking a quick brake on my Td game, and working on an obby/mario type game.
Each world is different. It is made by choosing a random tile, and fitting it after the last tile.

What should I add next?
  • More things to purchase at shops.
  • More tile pieces for random generation.
  • More traps types.
  • More Golem things.

0 voters

2 Likes

little backstory ui thing for character customization.
(the mail hood is a ugc but soon will replaced as this is just a placeholder)
:o)

6 Likes

I developed a game, which revolves around riding on an Automated Metro System and exploring the 6 stations.

6 Likes

martians vs my epic chaingun

12 Likes

A game where you create your own rocket.

13 Likes

When I finally created my first completed game that’s made by an individual (Purpose of the game is to challenge with my Java teacher)

2 Likes

Machete

6 Likes

Working on my game’s title screen… again…

Also, my usual source of royalty-free music borked itself with a WordPress update, so I’m going to have to figure something out with that at some point.

1 Like

Heres my game (in development) Development on hold due to irl reasons

(Crash is custom not game feature)

2 Likes

please can you tell me how to get that blade shape?