What are you working on currently? (2023)

Practice. 180 verts, mb

10 Likes

My group (Cybercity) and I have been working on a sandbox survival game for about a year. I have had a lot of fun beta-testing this game, and I am sure other people will have fun playing it!

Today, I discovered something I find interesting, so I am posting it here. There’s an item in my game that allows you to weld anything. While playing around with it, I welded an unanchored part to a sphere that constantly looks at you with a 10,000-stud radius. The result is a cool, motion-tracking-like device!

1 Like

For fun I recreated function-based infix operator in Luau using metatables :hot_face:

I’m using __idiv as an example, but you can use any binary operator that has a metamethod for it

--im not smart enough to use strict type-checking for this. hence no --!strict.
--the annotations below might not even be correct lol

type mulMetamethod = ((v1: number, v2: mul) -> mul) & ((v1: mul, v2: number) -> number)
local mul: {temp: number?} = {}
setmetatable(mul, {
	__idiv = function(v1: number|mul, v2: mul|number): mul|number
		if type(v1)=='number' and type(v2)=='table' then
			v2.temp = v1
			return v2
		elseif type(v1)=='table' and v1.temp and type(v2)=='number' then
			local _r: number = v1.temp * v2
			v1.temp = nil
			return _r
		else
			error('infix error')
		end
	end::mulMetamethod,
})
type mul = typeof(mul)

print(1 //mul// 2) --> 2
print(100 //mul// .5) --> 50
print(`200 multiplied by 1/200 is {200 //mul// (1/200)}`)

4 Likes

Howdy y’all, merry late Christmas!
I’ve been working on a recreation of Giant Survival in the past month or two. Here are a few screenshots I’ve gathered from playtesting,

The Santa is not from the original, it is from an ongoing event, which I thought was fun to add as holidays happened

Here is the link if any of you’d want to try it out, any feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

MP5 model + attachments

havent posted here in a while lmao

8 Likes

Working on the first update for my game Boredom Farming!

I have had a lot of players tell me that they spent all their money on something like farmland and now have no way of earning money. My solution to that is a bank where you can take out loans.

The bank will have some sort of interest rate system. Loans are probably going to be capped at about $1000 out at a time, and the amount you will need to pay back will most likely be capped at $5000.

Sorry M0D, but you can’t be in $1M in Boredom Farming debt.

Here is the building of the bank.

Along with that, the farm edit mode will be fixed up.

1 Like

Made some classic clothing (managed to make 15k in sales lol)!

1 Like

CanvasDraw 4.0 is releasing tomorrow! :partying_face:

8 Likes

I am working on a ship simulator game for my cruise ferry group

Players will be able to sail with +10 of our old ships from the past 7 years of the group’s existence.
The game is going to be released on January 1st!

5 Likes

IM ZEEBLIN OUT

Killing an enemy with 1 shot will now make them explode and splatter everywhere! mini martians are the best way to show that off.

2 Likes

Streaming a 2D game world over Remotes. Since this game has large sized worlds spatial hashing like this was basically unavoidable (inspired by RotMG)

13 Likes

Making an A-10 Thunderbolt II airstrike. Trying to make this multiplayer is pain.

Here is a video of it (yes i know its turned 60 degrees i fixed it):

3 Likes

A port of an Among Us mod over to ROBLOX. Been working on it since June of last year and it’s about finished. I am making it for this discord server for about 5k people and it’s been delayed twice so they are pretty antsy… (its a solo project as well)

wip world with pretty custom waterfall

7 Likes

GFX using Roblox studio

4 Likes

Working on player model diversity for my upcoming magic game. The entire character was fun to make :]

9 Likes

I’ve been working on a tower defense game on and off for a while to learn how to code Roblox, and here is probably my favorite tower that I’ve made:

He sends a signal to the mothership to laser beam the enemy :alien:

1 Like

HORROR GAME!! Here is Moved

A folding door I made, although I did get help

11 Likes

Sorry if the build quality isn’t like my past work.

8 Likes