What are you working on currently? (2023)

lots of stuff

184 Likes

First time making pets in blender (First time using blender for a month)

Could I have some feedback on what you guys think

54 Likes

I’m making an air hockey game :slight_smile:

161 Likes

Looks really cool! I can’t wait to play it.

32 Likes

For me, the models look good to me, especially this piece of wood looks really good. All models look good, I don’t see any shortcomings, I like the materials the models are made of. My rating is a strong 9/10 and for how much are you selling this model pack for?

37 Likes

Hello all! Last year was actually a blast, lots of improvements I had gone through. The game I’m currently working on is called Valorous Expedition

It’s a mixture of variety RPG games out there, like Genshin Impact, Borderlands, Final Fantasy.
It’s been almost 2 years since I first post my progress of my project. No going into deep details for now.

Btw, the map building, scripting (gun system, combat), weapon animation & modelling, and UI design were ALL done by me.

Basically, I am the one-man army game developer lol

A bit of gameplay demo

MAP (1st world, Rocky Greens)

WIP houses/maps:

WEAPONS
DBS (Left), WLSP (Custom made pistol) (Right)

WLSP
G36

M16A1

Custom-made weapon: Vulcan Vindicator (Left) & Executioner Sword (Right)

UI DESIGN
BEFORE (March 2021) (Up):
AFTER (January 2023) (Down):

Enemy design (w/ Blender modelling & texturing practice):

It’s was quite a LOT of practice and time I put into last year, but surely it was fun.
Learning Blender and practicing some digital/graphics art skills has been a highlight of 2022.
At its current state right now, I’ll still continue developing this game, but as a side-project at slow pace. A lot of planning to do.

Sorry if I filled up the space a lot, but I can assure you I’d done a lot haha
Best of luck to everybody for this year, anyway!

218 Likes

i believe your wood grain texture is in the wrong direction

29 Likes

Finally, really, truly this time have something proper to contribute to WAYWOC. Keep forcing myself to post in at least one year’s thread and I drop the project I work on shortly after posting it lol.

I broke into package managers and I’m hooked. Getting started on a full collection of utilities that can be used with Wally including some ports and feature extensions/upgrades of my personal favourite resources. I spent a few hours a few short months ago writing moonwave docs.

37 Likes

I’m making it free.

Forgive me. :pleading_face:

Idk how to texture

27 Likes

Me and my friend are working on a kind of social hangout game (similar to VR Hands).

145 Likes

Since July, I’ve been working on a clone of Animal Jam/Club Penguin style games. There are no exciting visuals to share yet, but I made some assets for the game and scrapped a scene together. I’m not going to use some of these assets, so I might make them free or something.

I also found a way to make Animal Jam style water:

Also, here are some UI concepts. I think It matches the style above quite nicely, though I’m still not 100% about it yet. Not sure what to do about the X buttons.

pretty cool, pretty cool.

If you want to track the progress of development, I post infrequent updates of the game’s development on my group. You can also find some of my/our past games there, such as Robot hunt, Marble Roll, and others.

This is the place link, but it does not include the scenes above and I cannot guarantee its functionality at any point. It’s a place that consists of the game’s systems and a handful of places. Nothing much to look at, but feel free to occasionally pop in and check for progress.

74 Likes

I’ve been messing around with this Slot System. Using DataStore2 for this.

Btw the music was just something I made real quick in Soundtrap in case you are wondering. I was playing with a bunch of loops and what not (wanted to add something, so the video wasn’t silent). Also sorry for the poor quality, I had to really compress the video.

41 Likes

this so nice @Crazedbrick1

17 Likes

I haven’t used Blender in a long time, and I used a different tutorial to get me back to it because I am a bit rusty.
Anyways, here is a low poly character I used a tutorial for, I did make some changes that weren’t featured in the tutorial.

40 Likes

Currently working on my game called Survivalist, A upcoming survival game packed with enviromental action and such. LOTS Of stuff planned for it.

11 Likes

You should look at threejs, it’s a 3D library for web stuff.

51 Likes

I currently dropped The Insane because of many different reasons, one of them being not for the right audience.
But anyway, I’m developing a new game called Sleep. In this game, you and 9 other players survive the 5 nights and try not to go insane and die. The gameplay features closing your eyes and opening them to prevent you from going insane. The other players can also hum/whistle to ease your mind and heal you. However, if you make too much noise a random player will be taken away by a guard and will die.
This game isn’t released yet but it will be released for pre alpha very very soon.
Starting Elevator

Guard

Alyssa, The Head of the Medical/Science Team

The Player’s Bedroom

44 Likes

I’m working on a bunch of side projects.

Maybe some of them might even become not-side-projects …

Infinite city builder with AI generated buildings:

I got about a hundred really good isometric building assets from the AI with all kinds of themes and styles!

(I tried really hard to get it to create lego themed buildings but this was the best I could do! :sob:)

Fractal spaces:

I was thinking players could play games like hot potato, tag, and infection in mind-boggling fractal spaces. I also might release it just as a showcase.

Mystery capsule and shop:

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 4.49.40 PM (1)Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 3.36.13 PM

I’m also making a mystery capsule and shop system for one of my games. I really like how the UI turned out!

65 Likes

Why does the shop look familiar :thinking:

9 Likes

how did u make this wow

Please make a tutorial or sun

7 Likes